Mike Cross - "Directions"
a***@yahoo.com
2012-07-29 04:14:13 UTC
I'm looking for the words to a comedy country song by Mike
Cross. It's called "Directions" and it's a story about the
narrator being lost, asking a local farmer for directions to a
certain place, which are given in a tongue-twisting rapid-fire
chorus.
Thanks in advance for any help.
s***@gmail.com
2016-01-13 04:59:33 UTC
I'm looking for the words to a comedy country song by Mike
Cross. It's called "Directions" and it's a story about the
narrator being lost, asking a local farmer for directions to a
certain place, which are given in a tongue-twisting rapid-fire
chorus.
Thanks in advance for any help.
image: Loading Image...

Directions
by Mike Cross
Play Video
image: Loading Image...
play

image: Loading Image...
Play Music with Radiorage - Download
image: Loading Image...

Well I was new in town, I just pulled in
I was lookin' for the house of a dear old friend
But just how to reach the place was still a question
So I stopped an old man on the street I said hey sir excuse me please
but I wonder if you'd give me some directions
I told him the address and he said yes I know what you wanna do
But I'm a little fuzzy minded part of the time so let me think this through
He began to mumble and scratch his chin
then he snapped his fingers and gave me a grin
He said Ok son here's all you got to do.

Go north take a left on South Right Street
Go up the hill to Down Avenue
turn left at the corner of Circle Square
Then right on the left of Plane
Take left hand fork at Spooner Road
Then Easy Avenue to Harden Boulevard
Turn back to the left on Right Front Street
Then it's right down there on your left

Well I did what he said as best I could
and I thought I was doin' pretty darn good
I'd made every turn except the final one
When I made the last turn of the drive
I swear I couldn't believe my eyes
I was right back at the place I'd started from
And there by the curb feedin' the birds with a smile upon his face
was that old man who's directions began my recent wild goose chase
I went up to him and said hey friend
could you give me those directions again
he said sure here's all you do to reach the place

Chorus

O but that's just what I did I said but I wound up back here
instead of getting' to the place I want to find
But since I'm here all I can say is there must be some other way
to get me to the place I had in mind.
Well he said no the way you go is the way I told you to
And if this ain't where you wanna be there's nothing I can do
'cause that address you gave to me is right over there across the street
I can get you to here but the rest is up to you

Read more at http://www.lyrics.com/directions-lyrics-mike-cross.html#cWxetElvHlAjjuvm.99