"Sympathy for the Devil" Rolling Stones
c***@gmail.com
2017-10-09 14:34:25 UTC
Heh. 😊 I had been mishearing that line for *years*. Always kind of bugged me, though, because, besides being an imperfect rhyme, it really didn't make any sense historically. Thanks, everyone, for clearing that up for me!

Aren't misheard lyrics fun?
c***@gmail.com
2017-10-09 14:46:09 UTC
My gosh! I just realized how long ago I originally posted in this thread. 1995! I was still on my old dialup Unix shell account back then.

Not that I'm knocking it; served me well at the time. Felt very "cutting edge" and "elite" back then.

My, how things have changed since then! I wonder what's become of the folks at good ol' Neosoft. They really were a great bunch of people. Hope they're all getting along well since broadband bumped them out of the market. I have fond memories of my time with them. 😊

Here's to you, Neosoft!