Young boy band in the 90's
Heather Ray
2010-01-04 04:28:53 UTC
I really have very little to give you for this one. I know that the
song was out between 1993-1995 because I was in the 3rd or 4th grade.

It's by a black boy band, all younger kids, kind of like Soul 4 Real,
it may have been Soul 4 Real for all I know, but I don't think that it
was.

It was a love song I think and it showed them on a fire escape in the
middle of the pouring rain. No, it wasn't 4pm by Sukyaki either. I
thought it might have been but those guys were much too old.

I can't give you any lyrics because I honestly can't remember any of
them except they may have said something about "putting out a fire" or
"setting a fire" or "melting"? Maybe that's why I'm thinking they
were on a fire escape... that's been a lot of years ago. There was
something flammable in the song. lol.

If anyone can help me figure out what this song was I will appreciate
it, it's been driving me crazy for years! I just remember that 3rd
grade me thought the song was pretty hot. Or if you could point me to
a list of bands like Soul 4 Real, Immature, Lil Vicious,
Anotherbadcreation, I would appreciate that too.
progea
2010-01-05 04:33:45 UTC
[...]
Unless they do a David Bowie cover from the Cat People movie
http://www.rhapsody.com/giorgio-moroder/cat-people/cat-people-putting-out-fire/lyrics.html
then, if it's them indeed, could it be this one "Spend the Night" with
the lyric "by the fire place"? http://www.kovideo.net/lyrics/s/Soul-4-Real/Spend-The-Night.html