ID: Shine a light or I'll never get back to Brooklyn
Bob Bell
2021-10-13 15:53:26 UTC
Found it in the Library of Congress online catalog. The song is simply
called "Brooklyn", written by M. Fulterman and C. Nivison, performed by
Wizz.
- Kevin
[...] I'm looking for the title and artist for the following
song, the recording of which features a tuba, tack piano, and whistling.
Any help would be appreciated.
Shine a light or I'll never get back to Brooklyn
My my, Brooklyn
It's been so long, now I wanna get back to Brooklyn
My my Brooklyn U.S.A.
Shine a light or I'll never get back to Brooklyn
My my, Brooklyn
It's been so long, now I wanna get back to Brooklyn
My my Brooklyn U.S.A.
She was my baby til I joined the Navy
I went sailing away
I said I'll come back someday
I knew my heart belonged to Brooklyn, only Brooklyn
Now I wanna get back
She's my sunny day
Shine a light or I'll never get back to Brooklyn
My my, Brooklyn
Been so long, now I wanna get back to Brooklyn
My my Brooklyn U.S.A.
No other pretty face could ever take my baby's place
There's only one
And I'm a Brooklyn son
Well...
Shine a light or I'll never get back to Brooklyn
(oh shine a light from Brooklyn)
My my (my my my my), Brooklyn (I'm a-comin home)
Been so long now I wanna get back to Brooklyn
(oh shine a light from Brooklyn)
My my Brooklyn U.S. (come on)
My my Brooklyn U.S. (yeah)
My my Brooklyn U.S.A. (oh shine shine shine shine)
My my Brooklyn U.S.A.
Hear it at:

Ran Wiz
2023-03-06 23:38:30 UTC
Hello - I have a 7" vinyl 33 1/3 RPM recording of this song. Opal Records #101. I'll be listing on Ebay shortly. Note: I have two copies. Will likely ask $20 each based on the non-existent supply versus the non-extent demand. =) RanWiz