Christopher Robin song?
j***@gmail.com
2016-05-25 12:37:54 UTC
A friend's father recalls a C&W song from the mid to late-60s that
"Christopher Robin is alive and well
Drinking rum from a coconut shell
Long-haired maidens all in a row"
Can anyone here provide us with a title, artist, and possibly even the
rest of the lyrics?
e.
---
What's creamier than milk, lighter than helium, and snappier than something
really snappy? Who cares? The latest issue of ePasquinade is pretty funny,
though. Download it at http://www.epasq.com and share it with some of your
snappy, creamy friends.
Now seven years ago today Christopher Robin walked away he left a wife no word some bills and seven kids in bed with the chills now I know the truth and I'm not lying Christoper Robin is far from dying yeah Christopher Robin is alive and well he drinks his rum from a coconut shell long haired maidens sit on his knee they play guitars under breadfruit trees yes Christopher Robin is alive and well and wishes you well were ever you are Now today his wife finely got ahead insurance man said he's legally dead she got the check and leaned back sighing Christopher you did right well by dying
d***@gmail.com
1968 - Vincent Matthews / The Stonemans Band
s***@hotmail.com
2020-02-15 21:02:51 UTC
A friend's father recalls a C&W song from the mid to late-60s that
"Christopher Robin is alive and well
Drinking rum from a coconut shell
Long-haired maidens all in a row"
Can anyone here provide us with a title, artist, and possibly even the
rest of the lyrics?
e.
2/14/2020 - I recently started playing this song again after many years of having forgotten it and thought I'd try to find the Stoneman's version online. I learned it long ago after hearing it a couple of times on the radio.
snappy, creamy friends.
Mack A. Damia
2020-02-15 22:25:50 UTC
A friend's father recalls a C&W song from the mid to late-60s that
"Christopher Robin is alive and well
Drinking rum from a coconut shell
Long-haired maidens all in a row"
Can anyone here provide us with a title, artist, and possibly even the
rest of the lyrics?
e.
2/14/2020 - I recently started playing this song again after many years of having forgotten it and thought I'd try to find the Stoneman's version online. I learned it long ago after hearing it a couple of times on the radio.
(All quotes)

My dad remembers an old country-western song from the late 60s with
the following lyrics:

Christopher Robin is alive and well
Drinking rum from a coconut shell
Long-haired maidens all in a row.

He says he thinks it was by the same guys who did "Get Into Reggae
Cowboy," but that was the Bellamy Brothers, and they never did a
Christopher Robin song. I can't find anything matching these lyrics on
the 'net, though someone else who was searching for the same song
found an LJ entry of mine on it a cpl years ago and emailed me asking
if I'd found it yet. ;) Any clues??

(Anonymous)
Sep. 7th, 2003 01:56 pm (UTC)
Identify of Christopher Robin song
The song you're looking for is called "Christopher Robin" by the
Stoneman Family, which was very influential in bluegrass music back in
the 20s and 30s. It was on an album I had back in the late 60s called
"The Great Stonemans". Good luck finding it!

https://drmellow.livejournal.com/153647.html