who sings A Dog Named Blue
Craig Newson
2020-11-05 23:23:19 UTC
Does anybody know if the person who originally asked to identify this
song ever got the message? As has been previously discussed, I believe the
requested song is not Lobo's "Me and You and a dog named Boo", but an old
country (/bluegrass?) standard called "Old Blue", which was covered on the
Byrds' "Dr. Byrds and Mr. Hyde" album in the late 60s.
Had an old dog and his name was Blue,
Betcha five dollars he's a good dog too.
Ted
Assuming he/she's reading the ng, probably yes, the person has gotten
the message. We've gotten sidetracked w/the Lobo hit, obviously.
The Byrds' version of "Old Blue" seems to be me to be by far the
most-often cited version here, I've noticed; must be a lot of Byrds
fans on this newsgroup!
Craig Newson
2020-11-05 23:26:59 UTC
originally sung by barry crump from new zealand in 60s