Rock song ID: "I'm Falling Down"?
g***@luckymail.com
2009-02-21 01:47:55 UTC
I'm trying to find the name of a rock song. I believe came out a few
years back. I *think* the singer (male) sings "I'm Falling Down" in
the main chorus. Its a mid-tempo rock song. Sort of has a Foo
Fighters or Puddle Of Mudd feel. And after he sings "I'm Falling
Down" there's a few sets of a 5-note rock guitar riff.

Sorry, I know its not much to go on. But, if anybody has any ideas,
please let me know! Every song I search for titled "Falling Down" or
"I'm Falling Down" comes up with other songs that definitely aren't
it. So, either he's saying something else or the song has a different
title. Thanks!

-GF
progea
"LIft Me Up" from Yes "Union" 1991?
Mark Rae
Maybe Free Falling by Tom Petty...?
g***@luckymail.com
2009-02-21 22:50:49 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
I'm trying to find the name of a rock song.  I believe came out a few
years back.  I *think* the singer (male) sings "I'm Falling Down" in
the main chorus.  Its a mid-tempo rock song.  Sort of has a Foo
Fighters or Puddle Of Mudd feel.  And after he sings "I'm Falling
Down" there's a few sets of a 5-note rock guitar riff.
Sorry, I know its not much to go on. But, if anybody has any ideas,
please let me know!  Every song I search for titled "Falling Down" or
"I'm Falling Down" comes up with other songs that definitely aren't
it. So, either he's saying something else or the song has a different
title.
Maybe Free Falling by Tom Petty...?
Thanks to the 2 posters, but its definitely not Yes or Tom Petty.
This is definitely a more modern band with a more modern-rock sound.
I probably screwed up the few words I thought I knew, which will
probably make this ID next to impossible. I was in the car with 2
other people when it was it was playing & I didn't have the heart to
tell them to close their yaps. I can picture the melody. Maybe I can
record & link to a keyboard melody sometime if nobody can get it.
Thanks.
steggy
2009-02-22 00:40:52 UTC
Post by g***@luckymail.com
I'm trying to find the name of a rock song. I believe came out a few
years back. I *think* the singer (male) sings "I'm Falling Down" in
the main chorus. Its a mid-tempo rock song. Sort of has a Foo
Fighters or Puddle Of Mudd feel. And after he sings "I'm Falling
Down" there's a few sets of a 5-note rock guitar riff.
Sorry, I know its not much to go on. But, if anybody has any ideas,
please let me know! Every song I search for titled "Falling Down" or
"I'm Falling Down" comes up with other songs that definitely aren't
it. So, either he's saying something else or the song has a different
title. Thanks!
-GF
Googling I gave up. It's fun to do it right from the brain.

How about Dave Matthews?
a***@hotmail.com
2009-03-11 03:49:22 UTC
I'm trying to find the name of a rock song.  I believe came out a few
years back.  I *think* the singer (male) sings "I'm Falling Down" in
the main chorus.  Its a mid-tempo rock song.  Sort of has a Foo
Fighters or Puddle Of Mudd feel.  And after he sings "I'm Falling
Down" there's a few sets of a 5-note rock guitar riff.
Sorry, I know its not much to go on. But, if anybody has any ideas,
please let me know!  Every song I search for titled "Falling Down" or
"I'm Falling Down" comes up with other songs that definitely aren't
it. So, either he's saying something else or the song has a different
title. Thanks!
-GF
-- Could this be the song you see:

Atreyu -- Falling Down

You're always looking back
running from the past
You're always sweating me
about the next big heart attack
you're looking over your shoulder
staring down the path

im falling down
falling down
falling down

-chorus- x2
It's in your head
all the voices mistaken
(shake it off, shake it off)
We're all dying in the end

I'd never find the evidence so horrible
(so horrible)
To clear my thoughts
I drill a hole into my skull
clean up my brains
sweep them underneath the rug
I needed them more than I needed
any other drug

Im falling down
falling down
falling down

-chorus- x 2

Come on!

Im falling down
falling down
falling down

-chorus- x 2

HEY! [said a few times]

sing it!

--
Allen Kirshner
(the alt.music.lyrics TV theme guy)
Rod
2009-03-12 02:22:50 UTC
I've been asking people for the past couple days, the song is stuck in
my head and everyone I sing the melody to, knows the song but not the
title or artist. It was played on the radio occassionaly in 2008 and
into 2009, but I haven't heard it lately. It does sound like dave
grohl singing. I too have searched a lot and it is not anything that
shows up for "falling down" or "I'm falling down" - a friend of mine
suggested chevelle, but I have not been able to find any chevelle
lryics with "falling down" it is NOT: oasis, staind... i am going to
continue to look, but I really think that we are looking for the same
song...
Rod
song...
Rod
2009-03-12 03:22:24 UTC
I got it.

I was thinking it was a song from last year so I went to Billboard's
Hot Modern Rock Songs of 2008 and started listening to songs from the
top down, at #6 I found "Rise Above This" by Seether.

The Official video @

Their wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seether

They also had "Fake It" @ #5

They are currently on tour with Nickelback playing 24 shows over the
next 6 weeks, all over the U.S. and Canada.
http://www.seether.com/sub.asp?type=tour

well, this is the one I was looking for...

is this your song?
g***@luckymail.com
2009-03-29 18:53:17 UTC
Post by Rod
I got it.
I was thinking it was asongfrom last year so I went to Billboard's
Hot Modern Rock Songs of 2008 and started listening to songs from the
topdown, at #6 I found "Rise Above This" by Seether.
Their wikipedia page:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seether
They are currently on tour with Nickelback playing 24 shows over the
next 6 weeks, all over the U.S. and Canada.http://www.seether.com/sub.asp?type=tour
well, this is the one I was looking for...
is this yoursong?
Sorry I haven't responded in a while. I had all but given up on
trying to find this song. Thanks for all your work trying to track
down this song. I clicked on the link, but unfortunately that is not
the song. I am pretty sure the song I am thinking of is a few years
older. Probably late 90's or early 00's. Also, a bit less upbeat
than the song you linked to. However, that is sort of along the lines
of what the singer sounds like.

OK, I'm going to try something really off the wall here. I hesitate to
do it, because the song I will compare it to is so different from the
song I'm thinking of. But, there is one similarity that might be the
key. You know the song "How Can I Fall" by Breathe from the 80's?
Picture just the melody of how the guy sings "How Can I Fall." Now
keep the same melody but put in a more modern rock-sounding singer,
singing "I'm Falling Down"

"I'm Falling Down" is followed by (2) identical 5-note distorted
guitar riffs, where each note it slightly lower than the previous
note.

Man, that's the best way I can describe it. Hopefully this helps a
little bit, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Thanks again!
h***@gmail.com
2009-04-25 09:53:12 UTC
DUDE! That is way to easy!

Velvet Revolver Fall to Pieces , the guitar is Slash and the singer is
scott weiland from stone temple pilots...

And that song rocks! hahaha now you can rest in peace my friend not
having to think who tha fuck is that song from....
m***@gmail.com
Its velvet revolvers fall to pieces
c***@gmail.com
Any chance its Pendulum - Watercolour?
f***@gmail.com
2015-08-30 05:44:49 UTC
It may not have been what he was looking for but it was definitely ailed me! Thank you! This was starting to drive me crazy
s***@gmail.com
2015-09-07 02:58:15 UTC
It's trust company - falling apart or trust company - downfall.
j***@gmail.com
2018-10-31 05:06:02 UTC
Yes thank you... Ive been looking that band for a while
j***@gmail.com
2009-03-12 22:40:09 UTC
I'm trying to find the name of a rock song.  I believe came out a few
years back.  I *think* the singer (male) sings "I'm Falling Down" in
the main chorus.  Its a mid-tempo rock song.  Sort of has a Foo
Fighters or Puddle Of Mudd feel.  And after he sings "I'm Falling
Down" there's a few sets of a 5-note rock guitar riff.
Sorry, I know its not much to go on. But, if anybody has any ideas,
please let me know!  Every song I search for titled "Falling Down" or
"I'm Falling Down" comes up with other songs that definitely aren't
it. So, either he's saying something else or the song has a different
title. Thanks!
-GF
Chumbawamba - Tubthumping

hope this is it and good luck finiding it if its not.
g***@gmail.com
i came across your post trying to find the same song that was stuck in my head, and i think we had the same song lol is it creed "im falling even more in love with you"? i know this post is super old but hey
p***@gmail.com
I know this is practically an ancient thread, but could it be "Falling Down" by Duran Duran?
j***@gmail.com
It is definitely velvet revolver_ fall to pieces
s***@hotmail.com
This is a bit late... but it might be "Hopeless by Breaking Benjamin"
Lani Nordlund

-GF
t***@gmail.com
2014-07-28 21:50:40 UTC
I think it's "Falling Down" by Duran Duran (featuring Justin Timberlake), like someone else said already. 2007 Red Carpet Massacre album.

Lyrics:
Once was a man who consumed his place and time
He thought nothing could touch him
But here and now it's a different storyline
Like the straw he is clutching

Why has the sky turned grey
Hard to my face and cold on my shoulder
And why has my life gone astray
Scarred by disgrace, I know that its over

Because I'm falling down
With people standing round
But before I hit the ground
Is there time
Could I find someone out there to help me?

Howl at the wind rushing past my lonely head
Caught inside its own motion
How I wish it was somebody else instead

Howling at all this corrosion

Why did the luck run dry
Laugh in my face, so pleased to desert me
Why do the cruel barbs fly?
Now when disgrace can no longer hurt me

Because I'm falling down
With people standing round
But before I hit the ground
Is there time
Could I find someone out there to help me?

You see I'm falling down
I don't know.... Why...
n***@gmail.com
2017-04-12 11:16:41 UTC
http://youtu.be/f7JiLMgzoHI
thaaanks,mate
p***@gmail.com
Catherine Wheel and the song is Way Down. Came out around 97. You're Welcome
m***@pvlearners.net
I HAD THIS PROBLEM. Im not sure if its the same thing, but I heard a guy on an FOB video doing a soundcheck and I didntunderstand what he was singing, and I nailed it down to "Horror Buisiness" by The Misfits. Nit sure if it helped.
b***@gmail.com
Black balloon - googoo dolls
b***@gmail.com
Black balloon - goo goo dolls
e***@gmail.com
Try sum 41- Over My head (Better Off Head)
p***@hotmail.com
torn to pieces pop evil
s***@gmail.com
Hey try Secrets in Stereo "falling" .:).4 years down the line
e***@gmail.com
How about Savin' Me by Nickelback?
t***@gmail.com
s***@gmail.com
2015-03-01 18:20:05 UTC
I think thise is your song
bring me to life by evenescense
a***@yahoo.com
2015-03-05 07:15:28 UTC
I'VE GOT IT! It's Creed - One Last Breath :)
j***@hotmail.com
2015-03-06 17:35:13 UTC

s***@gmail.com
2017-12-10 11:00:57 UTC
That's mine ! I don't know if it's what "game" is looking for, but that's what I was looking for before finding this forum !
Thank you !
r***@hotmail.com
2015-05-09 13:51:09 UTC
Far out i feel like we're stressing about the same song man i can picture it in my mind but no matter what I search it's not it! On the video they're jamming like on a rooftop or something? dude with the riff had a red guitar, seether kinda style. man so close but so far it was such a good song!
c***@gmail.com
2015-06-04 08:13:10 UTC
Try Phoenix -1901
e***@yahoo.com
2015-06-11 12:18:05 UTC
I hate to do this....but I had a song In my head, and I though it was 'falling down' but it wasn't It took me a while of going through my massive music library trying to find it...doesn any of the previous posters think this is the song...?

Audiovent - Looking Down

f***@gmail.com
2015-07-25 05:01:33 UTC
Trying to figure out a song I heard playing right before an In This Moment concert two nights ago and I can't find it anywhere! It's driving me nuts...it has a female lead and the chorus is a choir (maybe children) singing 'and we all fall down..' Very angelic voices. I can hear that part clearly in my head, but that's all I've got! Any suggestions?
e***@gmail.com
2018-08-30 02:23:11 UTC
Toy Soldiers ...it says step by step heart to heart left right left we all fall down like toy soldiers.by Matika I think.
i***@elarriero.cz
2015-08-11 12:34:35 UTC

say anything good charlotte
d***@gmail.com
2015-08-14 04:22:24 UTC
Post by g***@luckymail.com
I'm trying to find the name of a rock song. I believe came out a few
years back. I *think* the singer (male) sings "I'm Falling Down" in
the main chorus. Its a mid-tempo rock song. Sort of has a Foo
Fighters or Puddle Of Mudd feel. And after he sings "I'm Falling
Down" there's a few sets of a 5-note rock guitar riff.
Sorry, I know its not much to go on. But, if anybody has any ideas,
please let me know! Every song I search for titled "Falling Down" or
"I'm Falling Down" comes up with other songs that definitely aren't
it. So, either he's saying something else or the song has a different
title. Thanks!
-GF
could it be Crush by David Archuleta?

a***@gmail.com
Gonna go with the song Down by Fuel -- has everything OP asked for, including Puddle of Mudd feel during the chorus involving "I'm going down" followed by a nice riff.
s***@gmail.com
2015-10-28 22:41:50 UTC
Post by g***@luckymail.com
I'm trying to find the name of a rock song. I believe came out a few
years back. I *think* the singer (male) sings "I'm Falling Down" in
the main chorus. Its a mid-tempo rock song. Sort of has a Foo
Fighters or Puddle Of Mudd feel. And after he sings "I'm Falling
Down" there's a few sets of a 5-note rock guitar riff.
Sorry, I know its not much to go on. But, if anybody has any ideas,
please let me know! Every song I search for titled "Falling Down" or
"I'm Falling Down" comes up with other songs that definitely aren't
it. So, either he's saying something else or the song has a different
title. Thanks!
-GF
Mudvayne - Not Falling

s***@gmail.com
2015-10-28 22:43:34 UTC
Mudvayne - Not Falling

http://youtu.be/uhqRMzoyV4g
s***@gmail.com
2015-11-25 02:36:01 UTC
Muse-Histerya I was trying to found that song via your post and it was that one I know it's an old post but I hope this help you or that you have found the song :)
a***@gmail.com
2015-12-20 10:47:58 UTC
Maybe it's this one ;) whirlwind-falling down...and if it's not it, you still have be charmed by this song ❤
s***@gmail.com
2015-12-25 10:21:00 UTC
I think i know the song your trying to find! Ergo proxy we're going down.
s***@gmail.com
2015-12-25 10:34:55 UTC
scratch that. One republic all the right moves.
k***@hotmail.com
2016-01-26 04:39:42 UTC
I'm looking for the same song!!
k***@hotmail.com
2016-01-26 04:48:08 UTC
***@luckymail.com did you ever figure out what song?
i***@gmail.com
2016-01-31 07:05:08 UTC
Seether Rise Above This...maybe?
t***@gmail.com
2018-12-31 04:31:52 UTC
I think you might thinking of SR-71 RIGHT NOW but it's not am falling down it's in fact she'll do right now - I always was Am falling down and it took me forever to find till i heard playing in a cd store back late 90s early 2000s.
s***@gmail.com
2016-02-20 09:10:56 UTC
It's flippin collective soul - heavy!!!!! Hope this helps someone....

"All your weight... Falls on me
.. Brings me down..."

:-)
z***@gmail.com
2016-03-01 20:17:03 UTC
Nickelback savin' me?

z***@gmail.com
2016-03-01 20:19:17 UTC
Nickelback savin'me?
http://youtu.be/1VQzYytaR34
j***@yahoo.com
2016-04-16 01:55:56 UTC
Toad the wet sprocket, "Falling Down"
b***@gmail.com
2016-08-16 12:01:18 UTC
You have got to be kidding, I can't find the exact same song

It has a nirvana ass intro and mumbled singing and then it's like in the chorus:
"I'm falling (down) .... .. with YOU!"

Maybe someone here posted the song I'm referring to before, keep hearing it on the radio, sounds like it's from 2000?
d***@gmail.com
2016-10-07 03:32:29 UTC
The Air That I Breathe All That Remains?
y***@gmail.com
2016-10-18 01:12:32 UTC
Toad the wet sprocket Fall down?
m***@gmail.com
2017-10-12 03:14:53 UTC
I think I'm hunting for same song as original poster.... However maybe you might be looking for this song- has that "with you ending" you mentioned. :)

a***@gmail.com
2016-11-28 21:28:41 UTC
Subjetc: maybe you mean this

Staind - Falling Down

youtube said it is about 2010
a***@gmail.com
2017-02-06 21:53:34 UTC
Post by g***@luckymail.com
I'm trying to find the name of a rock song. I believe came out a few
years back. I *think* the singer (male) sings "I'm Falling Down" in
the main chorus. Its a mid-tempo rock song. Sort of has a Foo
Fighters or Puddle Of Mudd feel. And after he sings "I'm Falling
Down" there's a few sets of a 5-note rock guitar riff.
Sorry, I know its not much to go on. But, if anybody has any ideas,
please let me know! Every song I search for titled "Falling Down" or
"I'm Falling Down" comes up with other songs that definitely aren't
it. So, either he's saying something else or the song has a different
title. Thanks!
-GF
I was looking for this song for some time also... I think it is Platinum Blonde - All Fall Down

m***@gmail.com
2017-02-21 20:25:03 UTC
It's black balloon by the goo goo dolls
f***@gmail.com
2017-03-25 10:23:45 UTC
Do the lyrics sound something like this?

"I'm callin', here I am, waiting for someone to take me away.."

Then the Chorus goes

"Falling down........" very mid-90s grunge chorus accompanied by a heavy guitar riff.

If so, I have been trying to find the title to that one for like 20 years.

It's one of those numbers that you caught on a local progressive rock station just as you're pulling into the parking lot at work (at the last minute), and you never got to hear the DJ read off the track name.
j***@gmail.com
2017-10-15 03:31:48 UTC
This may be a long shot but sneaker pimps 6 underground?
n***@gmail.com
2017-10-19 00:35:53 UTC
Sunny Day Real Estate “in circles”

g***@gmail.com
Has there been progress on that? That is the song that sounded like the lyrics similarly to what he is talking about. I'm still looking for the song title and artist.
r***@gm.fsd38.ab.ca
-GF
r***@gm.fsd38.ab.ca
Falling Down by Chapterhouse. A b-side for sure!
O***@hotmail.com
2017-11-14 19:21:07 UTC
And a few years later, here it is?

Early to Bed - Falling Down
d***@gmail.com
Five Finger Death Punch – Coming Down
d***@gmail.com
Five Finger Death Punch – Coming Down
d***@gmail.com
Five Finger Death Punch – Coming Down
d***@gmail.com
d***@gmail.com
d***@gmail.com
d***@gmail.com
b***@gmail.com
2017-12-02 10:25:30 UTC
Wow! This one took me about 15 minutes, but I GUARANTEE you this is the song. It has VERY forgettable lyrics and that Puddle of Mudd/Foo Fighters vibe and our rock station,99.7 the Blitz in Columbus, Ohio only plays it like once a year it seems. But HERE IT IS! WONDER NO MORE!
SEETHER-RISE ABOVE THIS

i***@gmail.com
2017-12-20 00:37:00 UTC
Have you ever - The Offspring?
d***@gmail.com
2017-12-31 17:47:36 UTC

Iron Maiden, Man on the edge,1995
m***@gmail.com
2018-07-21 02:01:28 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/u5UqJWRV55E
Iron Maiden, Man on the edge,1995
MY GOD THANK YOU i can rest in piece
m***@gmail.com
2018-01-20 02:14:23 UTC
Rise Against - Ready To Fall
s***@gmail.com
2018-01-22 21:34:16 UTC
I know this is super late but could it be "Generation Day" by Godsmack? It sounds like they sing I'm falling down but it says fading away.
p***@gmail.com
2018-01-25 23:01:19 UTC
Have you tried Volbeat - The devil's bleeding crown
n***@windhamsd.org
2018-02-07 17:14:00 UTC
Fall to Pieces, by Velvet Revolver
--
This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any
delete the material from any computer.
t***@gmail.com
2018-02-17 04:42:25 UTC
Seether "Rise Above This"
b***@gmail.com
2018-03-15 02:16:46 UTC
It goes "falling down, Im falling down
Gone away, way, way, way down"
b***@gmail.com
2018-03-15 02:23:24 UTC
Try Bush- Little things
m***@gmail.com
2018-03-23 11:23:51 UTC

r***@gmail.com
2018-04-10 11:34:13 UTC
could it have the lyrics "and im falling faster like a train of love"?
if it has, it's fallin' by december avenue
d***@gmail.com
2018-04-12 05:50:00 UTC
Try what you say by further down. No matter what you say i need you anyways. I think I'm falling down.
p***@gmail.com
2018-06-06 01:56:25 UTC
OMG MAN THIS HAS TO BE IT- ALTERED STATES BY COG. they are a nz band that sounds like foo, soad, disturbed etc the song is amazing this has to be it I'd love to know if I'm right haha
b***@gmail.com
2018-06-24 17:18:21 UTC
Tim booth .. falling down
Falling down .. again .. thank God your there to catch me
b***@gmail.com
2018-06-24 17:21:21 UTC
Falling down again
Thank God you're there to catch her
Lost her crown again
She swings through the centuries
She won't tell her friends
She's lost innocence
Falling down again
Falling, falling down again
It's no pretty picture
She's withdrawn inside
To find her sanctuary
She won't tell her friends
She's lost innocence
k***@gmail.com
Falling down by Story of the Year?
k***@acbulldogs.org
2018-09-06 14:19:24 UTC
Its "Falling Out" by Golden Features!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
v***@gmail.com
2018-10-30 15:02:30 UTC
Its Gotthard- Falling