Pearl Jam Yellow Ledbetter
weird scenes
2005-04-08 21:05:27 UTC
Need help with this song. I hear the live cuts just fine, but the posted
lyrics for the Jeremy b-side I just don't hear and most people I talk to say
they aren't correct but a good guess. I've even heard the DJs at the local
big radio station say that ain't it. Eddie rolls his 'r' in the song and
misheard or posted things like "Out on the porch" when he says "A-round the
porch" rolling the r, like he's got a Scott accent going on. Anyways, this
is as close as I could get, some I still can't get. Before you flame at
least listen to it and maybe help me out with it. I got alot of this by
editing out the music and slowing the song down keeping pitch in tact.

On a seat o' love, on a porch, Y'llo' Le'better sat,
Then he said, "I wanna leave it again."
Once I saw him on a beach of weathered sand
The dawn would say I won the lead end again yeah
(alternative - I'm going to say I want to leave it again)
On the weak end on the wayside on our way yeah
Man they call mine a sin
And I roll while I say it
Man I crawl out of bed
Jam the wayside outta leave her calm I know
(alternative - Anyways I'd oughta' leave her calm I know)
I said I know what I wear not a box or the bag

Ah yeah, can you see them?
A-round the porch yeah but they don't wave
I see them 'round the front way yeah
And I know that I dont, I don't wanna stay

Make me cry...

I see it, ooh I don't wanna know that it's something else
I wanna go blind or away
(alternative - Are they coming or away)
I said uh, I don't, I don't know of where there's a box or the bag

Ah yeah can you see them?
A-round the porch yeah but they don't wave
I see them 'round the front way yeah
And i know that I don't, I don't wanna stay at all
I don't wanna stay yeah
I don't wanna stay
I don't wanna stay
I don't wanna stay, I don't wanna at all
RrrrrrredBelly
2005-04-10 03:42:50 UTC
http://www.twofeetthick.com/articleread.do?id=69
weird scenes
2005-04-10 22:42:58 UTC
Post by RrrrrrredBelly
http://www.twofeetthick.com/articleread.do?id=69
Hey RedBelly,

Thanks for the link, yeah that sounds like some live versions I hear. I
posted it to pearl-jam group and they say not even Eddie knows what he said
because he was so wasted at the time.

But, I'm going to give those a listen real close you posted there. I know
the song's pretty emotional, sometimes chokes me up when I hear it and very
few do. I'll post the words from that page in case someone comes across in
archives someday and wants to see it and the page is gone.

peace
weird scenes

I want to see them on the porch of Ledbetter
I said I want to say I want to leave her again
On the frontside, on the porch of Ledbetter
I said, I dont,
I don't want to say it and it come out again
On the far side, I'm wishing on a well
I only fall when I say it and I go and I say it
I'm going to leave her again
On the frontside, on the porch of Ledbetter
I said, I dont
I don't know whether it was a box or a bag

Can you see them out on the porch
But they don't wave
I see them on the front way
And I know and I know I don't want to stay

I want to see them on the porch of Ledbetter
And I said, I want a brother
I want to write you again
On the yellow, on the porch of Ledbetter