I pray the lord my soul to keep - who sings it?
Ikke
2010-08-03 21:41:36 UTC
Hi everybody,

Today I heard a song on the radio, and I can't remember the band's name.

It's rarely played on the radio, but I've heard it before. I'm guessing
late seventies, it's a female voice a-la Patti Smith.

The only thing I remember is "My my, hey hey" and "Now I lay me down to
sleep, I pray the lord my soul to keep".

Does anybody know this song? If I Google the lyrics, I either find a lot of
recent songs, or Enter Sandman by Metallica (which it's not).

Thanks,

Ikke
Ikke
2010-08-03 21:55:27 UTC
Ikke <***@hier.be> wrote in news:***@69.16.176.253:

<snip>
Post by Ikke
It's rarely played on the radio, but I've heard it before. I'm
guessing late seventies, it's a female voice a-la Patti Smith.
</snip>

That should have been a bigger clue for me - it actually *is* Patti Smith
with Frederick.

Never mind :)

Ikke
Randall
2010-08-06 03:26:52 UTC
Post by Ikke
Hi everybody,
Today I heard a song on the radio, and I can't remember the band's name.
It's rarely played on the radio, but I've heard it before. I'm guessing
late seventies, it's a female voice a-la Patti Smith.
The only thing I remember is "My my, hey hey" and "Now I lay me down to
sleep, I pray the lord my soul to keep".
Does anybody know this song? If I Google the lyrics, I either find a lot of
recent songs, or Enter Sandman by Metallica (which it's not).
Thanks,
Ikke
Did you record your CD of songs with a story? I have some more song
suggestions for you if you want them.

-- Randall