Christmas song id?
gamefan72
2009-12-04 02:20:31 UTC
Not a lot to go on here unfortunately, but worth a try, I suppose.
I'm looking for a Christmas song with lyrics that go *something like*
"do they know it's Christmas." And no, it's not the Band Aid song
from 1984. The song I'm looking for sounds more like a 60's British
invasion act, somebody like the Kinks (but not the Kinks). It's a
somewhat mellow song, but not overly mellow or sappy. Let's just say
its like a more mellow version of the Royal Guardsmen. It sounds like
multiple male singers singing together throughout a lot fo the song
(but not harmonizing) ... or else its just one singer with his voice
double or triple tracked. Again, something *like* "do they know it's
Christmas."

I was in a noisy restaurant when I heard this. Wish I had more to go
on. I'm pretty sure I had heard this song before, so probably not too
obscure. Thanks.
Loudon Briggs
2009-12-04 18:00:06 UTC
Post by gamefan72
[...]

Could this be it?

Loudon Briggs ***@bbz.net Phoenix, Arizona, USA)
gamefan72
2009-12-04 22:49:10 UTC
Post by Loudon Briggs
Post by gamefan72
[...]
http://youtu.be/8jEnTSQStGE
No, that's the popular Band-Aid Christmas song I referred to in my
original post. Definitely not it. Thanks anyway.