Which artist sings a song called "Fever"?
Ikke
2009-12-29 16:49:54 UTC
Hi everybody,

I've just heard a song called "Fever" but can't seem to figure out who it
is by.

The song is a very slow song, sung by a female voice, and the lyrics are as
follows:

"Shivers down my spine"
"Fever, will make you stay
And the Fever will make you go"

The song has been played from time to time on Studio Brussel, about five to
six years ago. I can't seem to recall the name of the band, but for some
reason or other I have a feeling the name consists of several parts (3?).

Does anybody know the artist?

Thanks!

Ikke
Harold Groot
2009-12-29 20:08:40 UTC
Post by Ikke
Hi everybody,
I've just heard a song called "Fever" but can't seem to figure out who it
is by.
The song is a very slow song, sung by a female voice, and the lyrics are as
"Shivers down my spine"
"Fever, will make you stay
And the Fever will make you go"
The song has been played from time to time on Studio Brussel, about five to
six years ago. I can't seem to recall the name of the band, but for some
reason or other I have a feeling the name consists of several parts (3?).
Does anybody know the artist?
Thanks!
Ikke
When I think of "Fever" I think of the version by Peggy Lee from 1958.
It was her signature song. While she was not the first, and while many
others have recorded it over the years, that version has sort of
become The Classic Version here in the USA. There was a re-release in
2003 on a "Best Of Peggy Lee Singles Collection", so it's not
unreasonable that it might have gotten some airplay "5 or 6 years
ago".

Let's see now - the Madonna version from 1993 was released as a single
in Europe but not in the USA. It reached #22 on the Belgian Charts,
so it might have had a resurgeance back then (though of course that's
not a multi-part name).

The wikipedia article only gives a "selected list" of cover versions
without giving dates - but as an external link it also references the
following as a comprehensive list of covers and that list IS sorted
(by year, then alphabetically). Perhaps one of the versions from the
2003-2004 years will sound familiar to you. There's over 60 just from
those 2 years.

http://www.rintelen.ch/konzept_und_text/index.php?sparte=fever/db.php&lang=en

And of course, there are quite a few versions available on YouTube.

Hope this leads you to the right version.
Ikke
2009-12-29 22:25:10 UTC
***@infionline.net (Harold Groot) wrote in news:***@news.west.earthlink.net:

<snip>
Post by Harold Groot
When I think of "Fever" I think of the version by Peggy Lee from 1958.
It was her signature song. While she was not the first, and while many
others have recorded it over the years, that version has sort of
become The Classic Version here in the USA. There was a re-release in
2003 on a "Best Of Peggy Lee Singles Collection", so it's not
unreasonable that it might have gotten some airplay "5 or 6 years
ago".
Probably - but it's not this particular "Fever" I'm looking for.

Anyway, I've checked the links you've posted, and had a look around on
Wikipedia / Google / Discogs / Youtube, but can't seem to find the song.

Still, thanks for your suggestion!

Ikke
steggy

http://www.stubru.be/contact/41toma
Ikke
2009-12-30 11:56:01 UTC
steggy <***@hotmail.com> wrote in news:***@mid.individual.net:

<snip>
Post by steggy
http://www.stubru.be/contact/41toma
I found it!!! The name of the band is "Menage A Trois" (
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Menage+A+Trois ).

Thank you Steggy and Harold for your help!

Ikke