Tears Of Rage / Left Handed Summer
Will Dockery
2012-04-23 09:02:00 UTC
More Homage, Bob?

This one sure does take me back... to 1997 or somesuch impossibly far
The full pink moon was a Gift, a Riddle, and a Candle.
A boxcar.  Not bondage.  I just played the Scarecrow,
A hollow planter, dancing naked in the valley
Of the bottom line. My daddy went blind at 40.
The last temptation will see him no more. Who's
Next? I stepped out with a good man from La
Grange. Then I picked his pocket. I never said
I was sorry. Or thank you. Thanks, Will.  And sorry.
Magicians modern mathematics ain't lost on me.
No more.  "I know, my love, I can hear....."
I'm not a man of stone, the law of the lion,
After the sun goes down, that's not lost on me
Either.
Still, as before, I request if you use my poetry to base one of yours
on, that you include a reference that the poem is "Based on a poem by
Will Dockery".

In this case, my poem "Left Handed Summer":

http://forum.letssingit.com/topic/343162/left-handed-summer-will-dockery/1

Left Handed Summer

Left handed Summer,
Alias Uncle Hugo,
I step out into this night.
Those parasites know of the light that failed,
imploded in the center of op bop,
in this shadow made by blooming springtime.
In this shadow, next to this last temptation,
I walked into your door,
will I never see her no more?
I see two little red boxcars, I think of her,
I hurt inside, a hallowed ache.

Games people play,
one game on the house,
dark angel in green.

Every little trick she plays, scarecrow straw Janie,
there are three names now for Lady Katherine,
I saw the way...
remember the living lotus in her paste up hell,
I am the clown on the hill,
she still plys her trade in the sportin' house grocery.
I read the bio of her husband, the ogre,
his world, his fame, his flame.

And I think of: star money, secret star, sweet Jane, superstar.
Star mama, some glad morning you are my sattelite soul mate.
On Vinegar Hill, mariage a la mode, a case of need,
the bottom line, in deep Summer,
endless horisons.
We hunt the spirit mammoth somewhere below the salt.

This is the story of a secret state, in this left handed Summer,
in this valley of vines,
sweet Lasher went swimming,
in the dark river with a bad man, in the big heat,
tigers in the smoke, she rides the red dragon.

Too many cousins dancing naked in La Grange,
she's one of 7 born again virgins,
she steps out, she is lost to me,
that strange woman, she's into sould bonding, soul bondage,
where is my red curled poltergeist, she's clocked,
boom boom in my ear.
Some Japanese thing,
Lone Wolf, I snarl at the moon.
Moonchild experiment,
watercolor in the rain ---
you poor little kidnapped angel...
my poor little clap trap angel.
My soul like riptide water,
this abundance of witches,
you living lotus bitches.

Uncle Hugo is in Eden,
the old folks home of joy and poems,
deling with this ever present danger,
to the magic store on some blinded date.
Into her labyrinth and back out again,
sweet soul pilgrim, I know, my love,
I can hear her battle cry.
She returns to life, cries for the angels,
a word shogun,
my daddy went blind at 40
but my will is good on this glorious morning.

Bless your fuzzy little heart, baby, go sow your seed of mischief.
The doomsday ladies hide and go seek,
as they work their science,
I asked my love, Dark Queenie,
will you talk in this left handed Summer?

Hard facts, a woman run mad,
in the caves,
on the hill,
under the sheets experimenting with the moon.
I keep the search light burning.

Face to face with the misty tiger in the smoke,
she rides the red dragon,
orphan daughter of the philosospher,
for common good,
a fiend in need, she is a perfect whirlwind.
Inhuman condition, I am alone for days,
I am nothing to her now,
the ongoing silence is driving me mad.

Her mirror mirror on the wall,
my fingers in her soft places,
her modern methematics,
her pager number,
I light the candle for her
and this big old world of people.

Silver leopard led astray from a magnificent destiny,
I am the foolish virgin with my magnificent obsession,
law of the lion, I'll find her.
Bright feather, hot leather,
magicians of night and sittin' ducks,
loaded dice,
she is there in that secret shadow valley,
sweet adultery under the moon.
The Dark Queen's gift, a riddle.
Please speak to me before the sun goes down,
the children of the rainbow do the dark dance.

-Will Dockery

Thanks, pal.

--
Wobble / W. Dockery & H. Conley:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_12951892
Corey
2012-04-23 10:02:59 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
I am amazed at how much ignorant ungraciousness you can muster. Your
self interest knows no apparent limit. Bob's poem isn't based on
yours, Will. It's dedicated to you personally. He mentions your name
in it. It's a tribute to you, a love poem of sorts. You should feel
honored that someone thought enough of you to take the time and care
it obviously took to construct. Instead, you contemptuously pissed all
over Bob, his poem and efforts in order to promote yourself, and what
you perceived as a sleight to your creative genius. Give me a fucking
break and get over yourself. You'll be doing us all a big favor.
Will Dockery
2012-04-23 10:31:04 UTC
Post by Corey
It's a tribute to you, a love poem of sorts.
I called it a "Homage"... do us both a favor and look that word up,
pal.

Corey
2012-04-23 10:45:21 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Corey
It's a tribute to you, a love poem of sorts.
I called it a "Homage"... do us both a favor and look that word up,
pal.
No, actually all you did was ask Bob if it was an homage. You didn't
make the distinction that's what you thought it was, or show any sort
of appreciation that such homage should evoke in one so honored. No,
instead you made additional demands that you be further honored. You
made no visible or conscious effort to thank him for what he'd done.
You just wanted more attention. More credit. More. More. More for you
you you.
Will Dockery
2012-04-23 19:24:13 UTC
Post by Corey
Why do you feel it necessary to insult me?
Actually, I've been wondering why you seem obligated to constantly *attempt*
to insult me... for weeks now.

I say "attempt", because I learned years ago to try not to let your pissy
little mood swings get to me.

BTW, did you ever find any of the books I asked about? I haven't checked the
P.O. Box since before Hogbottom, so if they're there, thanks in advance.

--
Under The Radar / Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery#!/play_now/song_12609809
Corey
2012-04-23 19:37:13 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Corey
Why do you feel it necessary to insult me?
Actually, I've been wondering why you seem obligated to constantly *attempt*
to insult me... for weeks now.
I say "attempt", because I learned years ago to try not to let your pissy
little mood swings get to me.
BTW, did you ever find any of the books I asked about? I haven't checked the
P.O. Box since before Hogbottom, so if they're there, thanks in advance.
--
Under The Radar / Shadowville All-Stars:http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery#!/play_now/song_12609809
I'm actually very adept at insults. I've competed in various poetry
slam and rap battle contests since the early eighties. I've won
awards, and money, and food, and drinks. All sorts of shit. I'm a
retired past master. If I really wanted to insult you, you'd be well
insulted. The mood swings you perceive are all in your head, Will.
It's your imagination playing tricks on you, again. You'd be well
served by trying to keep that in check. Who else do you know from
Usenet who would drive thirty hours round trip just to meet you and
hear you sing? You're ungrateful, unappreciative, insensitive,
disrespectful, obstinate, self-loathing, insecure, and small minded.
Those aren't insults. Those are independently observable, verifiable
facts. Believe me, you don't want me to get started on insults.
Will Dockery
2012-04-23 20:18:56 UTC
Post by Corey
I'm actually very adept at insults. I've competed in various poetry
slam and rap battle contests since the early eighties. I've won
awards, and money, and food, and drinks.
And this is supposed to matter to me, or anyone else on this newsgroup... in
what way?

Why not do us all a favor and get over yourself, pal?

Corey
2012-04-23 20:29:04 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Corey
I'm actually very adept at insults. I've competed in various poetry
slam and rap battle contests since the early eighties. I've won
awards, and money, and food, and drinks.
And this is supposed to matter to me, or anyone else on this newsgroup... in
what way?
Why not do us all a favor and get over yourself, pal?
LOL. I've been over and over and over myself so many times, you just
don't know. I'm here to help you get over yourself just once. Then
you're on your own. LOL.
Will Dockery
2012-04-23 20:40:05 UTC
Post by Corey
I've been over and over and over myself so many times
"We know."

Corey
2012-04-23 20:43:15 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Corey
I've been over and over and over myself so many times
"We know."
--
Under The Radar / Shadowville All-Stars:http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery#!/play_now/song_12609809
LOL. You're really reaching now, Will. Snip, cut, paste, hurry hurry
hurry. You'll be frothing at the mouth any minute. I better take a
break so you don't stroke out. I don't want you on my conscience too.
LOL
Will Dockery
2012-04-23 10:52:46 UTC
Post by Corey
No, actually all you did was ask Bob if it was an homage.
No.

That's not what I did, since it is already known what Adam/Bob does with my
poetry, but thanks for giving your ignorant guesses and opinions about what
I'm thinking and doing anyhow, I suppose.

Adam/Bob knows that I want a credit line when he borrows my poetry, as we've
gone over many times before, so this thread shouldn't come as any surprise
to you.

Corey
2012-04-23 11:03:14 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Corey
No, actually all you did was ask Bob if it was an homage.
No.
That's not what I did, since it is already known what Adam/Bob does with my
poetry, but thanks for giving your ignorant guesses and opinions about what
I'm thinking and doing anyhow, I suppose.
"More Homage, Bob?". LOL. I'm guessing you have difficulty recognizing
what constitutes a question. They generally have one of those peculiar
marks at the end. Rhetorical questions don't require answers, and are
generally inserted as a device for making text and context more clear.
Do you see what I mean here? Are you trying to suggest that your
question wasn't really a question? Are you really that stupid? LOL.
frank
2012-04-23 14:15:35 UTC
Who cares ? It's "crap" anyway !!
Fred Hall
2012-04-23 14:22:36 UTC
Post by frank
Who cares ? It's "crap" anyway !!
Copyright violations, real or imagined, are "crap"?
Corey
2012-04-23 14:31:52 UTC
Post by Fred Hall
Post by frank
Who cares ? It's "crap" anyway !!
Copyright violations, real or imagined, are "crap"?
R E S P E C T
is a word that seems to be
crap in terms of what you see
coming out this end of me.
Fred Hall
Why?
Corey
2012-04-24 10:30:22 UTC
Post by Corey
Post by Fred Hall
Post by frank
Who cares ? It's "crap" anyway !!
Copyright violations, real or imagined, are "crap"?
R E S P E C T
is a word that seems to be
crap in terms of what you see
coming out this end of me.
Why?
Because we all have to go sometime.

Respect your ass, your shit, your turds
as if a gift from God. These words
reflect respect for just such shit
as Rap, which wraps such shit with wit.
Will Dockery
2012-04-23 18:45:48 UTC
Post by Corey
Rhetorical questions don't require answers
About time you figured that out... I know you're a bit of a
pretentious dullard but I know that most of your stupidity is willful,
for antagonistic purposes.

Corey
2012-04-23 19:03:15 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Corey
Rhetorical questions don't require answers
About time you figured that out... I know you're a bit of a
pretentious dullard but I know that most of your stupidity is willful,
for antagonistic purposes.
Why do you feel it necessary to insult me? Since when are rhetorical
questions addressed and directed toward a specific person, Will?
Remember the question you asked Bob, Will? What specifically
identifies that as a rhetorical question, Will, as opposed to one
where the person to whom it is directed is expected to answer? Am I
antagonizing you now, Will? Why do you think that, Will? I'm just
asking pertinent questions, aren't I? What makes this appear stupid to
you? Don't you think it's about time you figured that out?
Will Dockery
2012-04-23 20:56:28 UTC
Post by Corey
You're really reaching now
Not at all, my original post says all I had to say on this, and it was my
usual request to be given credit where due:

Adam Lynn
2012-04-23 23:29:11 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
No, Will, it's not an homage: I'm already spoken for.
I just wanted to tell you that I was sorry for cutting
up your work in the past, because I know that it
upsets you when I do that. I won't do it anymore.

Bob

http://www.ucalgary.ca/applied_history/tutor/endmiddle/bluedot/homage.html
Corey
2012-04-23 23:47:19 UTC
Post by Adam Lynn
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Please don't do that. If you stop now, then what forever will Will do
when he doesn't have you to demand for all the credit he wants and
needs so desperately? It's like you're almost his last best hope at
ever getting credit for actually doing something in life. Will needs
you, Bob. Don't give up on him yet.
Will Dockery
2012-04-24 14:44:31 UTC
Post by Corey
Post by Corey
Post by Adam Lynn
No, Will, it's not an homage: I'm already spoken for.
I just wanted to tell you that I was sorry for cutting
up your work in the past, because I know that it
upsets you when I do that. I won't do it anymore.
Please don't do that. If you stop now, then what forever will Will do
when he doesn't have you to demand for all the credit he wants and
needs so desperately?
Nothing "desperate" about it, pal, but you sure seem to be desperately
trying to misrepresent what I do and request, for whatever odd reason.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Corey
2012-04-24 15:02:33 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Corey
Post by Corey
Post by Adam Lynn
No, Will, it's not an homage: I'm already spoken for.
I just wanted to tell you that I was sorry for cutting
up your work in the past, because I know that it
upsets you when I do that. I won't do it anymore.
Please don't do that. If you stop now, then what forever will Will do
when he doesn't have you to demand for all the credit he wants and
needs so desperately?
Nothing "desperate" about it, pal, but you sure seem to be desperately
trying to misrepresent what I do and request, for whatever odd reason.
There you go again, reaching, trying desperately to right the
perceived wrong that somehow you were "misrepresented" by the
characterization that you appear to be expressing desperation. I can
see you as desperate if I want to, Will, and I can support what I see
with your desperate word choices. You're desperate, Will. Face it.
Admit it to yourself. It's not that hard. Once you admit how desperate
you are to yourself it will become a whole lot easier to accept when
others see your desperation in you. There's nothing inherently wrong
with being desperate, Will. It's a sign of the times. There are
millions of desperate people out there. You're in good company, so
don't worry so much. It's a big boat. If it sinks, we all sink
together. If you can't bail, paddle.
Will Dockery
2012-04-24 15:12:56 UTC
Post by Corey
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Corey
Post by Corey
Post by Adam Lynn
No, Will, it's not an homage: I'm already spoken for.
I just wanted to tell you that I was sorry for cutting
up your work in the past, because I know that it
upsets you when I do that. I won't do it anymore.
Please don't do that. If you stop now, then what forever will Will do
when he doesn't have you to demand for all the credit he wants and
needs so desperately?
Nothing "desperate" about it, pal, but you sure seem to be desperately
trying to misrepresent what I do and request, for whatever odd reason.
There you go again
It only takes a few seconds to correct your silly bullshit, Corey.

Shall we go at it again for a few dozen posts today?

Corey
2012-04-24 15:34:20 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Corey
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Corey
Post by Corey
Post by Adam Lynn
No, Will, it's not an homage: I'm already spoken for.
I just wanted to tell you that I was sorry for cutting
up your work in the past, because I know that it
upsets you when I do that. I won't do it anymore.
Please don't do that. If you stop now, then what forever will Will do
when he doesn't have you to demand for all the credit he wants and
needs so desperately?
Nothing "desperate" about it, pal, but you sure seem to be desperately
trying to misrepresent what I do and request, for whatever odd reason.
There you go again
It only takes a few seconds to correct your silly bullshit, Corey.
Shall we go at it again for a few dozen posts today?
I'd be happy to exchange correspondences with you, Will, if I thought
there was any chance you'd ever learn what the word correspondences
corresponds with in terms of our personal interactions rather than see
mere misrepresentations of fact. Or in lieu of you learning, if I
thought we could ever "come to terms" rather than "go at it", whatever
the fuck that's supposed to mean. You see sleights so you pick fights.
That's your reality. I spend countless hours writing thousands of
words to you. I drove more than a 1000 miles round trip to meet you
and hear you play. Over the years I've given you time, money, books,
trinkets, and my best advice. If nothing else, I've proved myself as
your biggest, most ardent fan. In return, you treat me like this.
Thanks, "pal".

Adam Lynn
2012-04-24 15:08:27 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Corey
Post by Corey
Post by Adam Lynn
No, Will, it's not an homage: I'm already spoken for.
I just wanted to tell you that I was sorry for cutting
up your work in the past, because I know that it
upsets you when I do that. I won't do it anymore.
Please don't do that. If you stop now, then what forever will Will do
when he doesn't have you to demand for all the credit he wants and
needs so desperately?
Nothing "desperate" about it, pal, but you sure seem to be desperately
trying to misrepresent what I do and request, for whatever odd reason.
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Will, the word "pal" has a different

Thanks.

Bob
Will Dockery
2012-04-24 15:22:00 UTC
Post by Adam Lynn
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Corey
Post by Adam Lynn
Will, the word "pal" has a different
connotation in New Yawk City than
it does in Shadowville. When
someone says "hey pal" in the
City it's usually because you're
trying to get in (or out) of their
establishment without paying.
PAL is also slang for personal
ass licker. Please don't ever call
me your PAL. I'd be happy
if you called me youe"Friend".
Or better yet: "Brother."
Thanks.
Bob
Sorry about that Bob... hey, you know my son Clayton lives in NYC?

He's a graduate of Columbia who opted to remain in The City.

Adam Lynn
2012-04-24 15:46:36 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Adam Lynn
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Corey
Post by Adam Lynn
Will, the word "pal" has a different
connotation in New Yawk City than
it does in Shadowville. When
someone says "hey pal" in the
City it's usually because you're
trying to get in (or out) of their
establishment without paying.
PAL is also slang for personal
ass licker. Please don't ever call
me your PAL. I'd be happy
if you called me youe"Friend".
Or better yet: "Brother."
Thanks.
Bob
Sorry about that Bob... hey, you know my son Clayton lives in NYC?
He's a graduate of Columbia who opted to remain in The City.
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Don't worry about it, Friend.

Here's an idea: meet me in the Village on 5/5
at the Million Man Marijuana March. I'd love
to meet you face to face. We could walk together.
Then we could go and visit your son.

Bob