ID song with lyrics about coming back to earth?
shan
2010-02-22 05:06:41 UTC
I was at an event where astronaut Bill Oefelein spoke. He showed a
short launch video, and it was accompanied by a song. A male singer,
in the style of Gomez, Dave Matthews, David Gray. The lyrics had
something about Earth, coming back to earth? Something wrapping
around?
Sorry I can't remember more.
Invisible Friend
2010-02-22 13:41:59 UTC
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:06:41 -0800 (PST), shan
Post by shan
I was at an event where astronaut Bill Oefelein spoke. He showed a
short launch video, and it was accompanied by a song. A male singer,
in the style of Gomez, Dave Matthews, David Gray. The lyrics had
something about Earth, coming back to earth? Something wrapping
around?
Sorry I can't remember more.
Electric Light Orchestra, The Mission?
Invisible Friend
lugnut
2010-02-22 16:53:08 UTC
Post by shan
I was at an event where astronaut Bill Oefelein spoke. He showed a
short launch video, and it was accompanied by a song. A male singer,
in the style of Gomez, Dave Matthews, David Gray. The lyrics had
something about Earth, coming back to earth? Something wrapping
around?
Sorry I can't remember more.
Perhaps Peter Schilling's "Major Tom (Coming Home)" from the early
'80s?

-lugnut
progea
2010-02-23 23:03:08 UTC
Post by Invisible Friend
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:06:41 -0800 (PST), shan
I was at an event where astronaut Bill Oefelein spoke.  He showed a
short launch video, and it was accompanied by a song.  A male singer,
in the style of Gomez, Dave Matthews, David Gray.  The lyrics had
something about Earth, coming back to earth?  Something wrapping
around?
Sorry I can't remember more.
Perhaps Peter Schilling's "Major Tom (Coming Home)" from the early
'80s?
Fuck it, I should have realized it earlier, from the original
posting:

http://www.kovideo.net/lyrics/d/David-Bowie/Ground-Control-To-Major-Tom.html

"Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do".