Ashes to Ashes -- background lyrics?
David H
2003-07-11 05:06:57 UTC
Hi all,

Dying to find this out and can't locate it anywhere.

What is the mumbled,whispered background lyrics
in Ashes to Ashes. Most of them are just repeats of
the lyrics but some of them differ. Listen to it closely.

I'm looking for :
.
.
.
The shrieking of nothing is killing them (??????????????????????????)
Pictures of jap girls in synthesis (just pictures of jap girls in synthesis)
and I ain't got no money and I ain't got no hair. (??????????????)
But I hoping to kick but this planet is aglow... (?????????????????????????)
.
.
.
I've never done good things (I've never done good things)
I've never done bad things (I've never done bad things)
I never did anything out of the blue (I never did anything out of the blue)
whoa-oh (whoa-oh)

Want an axe to break the ice (I want some ?action? to break the ice)
Wanna to come down right now (I want to come down right now)

Any help greatly apprec!
Thanks,
-D
Baal
2003-07-11 21:34:26 UTC
http://www.teenagewildlife.com/Albums/SM/ATA.html

--

I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal
Post by David H
Hi all,
Dying to find this out and can't locate it anywhere.
What is the mumbled,whispered background lyrics
in Ashes to Ashes. Most of them are just repeats of
the lyrics but some of them differ. Listen to it closely.
.
.
.
The shrieking of nothing is killing them (??????????????????????????)
Pictures of jap girls in synthesis (just pictures of jap girls in synthesis)
and I ain't got no money and I ain't got no hair. (??????????????)
But I hoping to kick but this planet is aglow...
(?????????????????????????)
Post by David H
.
.
.
-D
Paul Kinder
2003-07-13 03:17:27 UTC
Been trying to work this out for years... so far...

1:18: "Songs like Belizaire and Come Into My World."

1:27: "...played centre forward"

(From Grant): I thought I heard 1969 mentioned and something like
"songs to appreciate and make you my love"? (near the shrieking of nothing
is killing me bit).

--
BOWIE WONDERWORLD <http://www.bowiewonderworld.com>
--
Post by David H
Hi all,
Dying to find this out and can't locate it anywhere.
What is the mumbled,whispered background lyrics
in Ashes to Ashes. Most of them are just repeats of
the lyrics but some of them differ. Listen to it closely.
.
.
.
The shrieking of nothing is killing them (??????????????????????????)
Pictures of jap girls in synthesis (just pictures of jap girls in synthesis)
and I ain't got no money and I ain't got no hair. (??????????????)
But I hoping to kick but this planet is aglow...
(?????????????????????????)
Post by David H
.
.
.
-D
o***@gmail.com
2016-02-03 02:12:27 UTC
Old thread, but my ears and clues from other folks posting in various forums have landed me on the following:

The shrieking of nothing is killing
Just pictures of Japanese girls in synthesis
And I ain't got not money, I ain't got no hair
No one ever asked, he was thirteen
Songs that please the ear can leave the mind blown
I was hoping to kick, but the planet was glowing
And I was ready to go in '74

The second chorus is just repeated lyrics.
Post by David H
and I ain't got no money and I ain't got no hair. (??????????????)
But I hoping to kick but this planet is aglow...
Post by David H
.
.
.