Looking for a Cello / Will Dockery & Henry Conley
Will Dockery
2013-01-27 21:30:10 UTC
I know a woman in town who plays the cello in the symphony.
Similar deal here, I'm surprised my "Looking For A Cello" poem is online
after all!

http://www.rammsteinuk.com/344420

Looking for a Cello

Looking for a cello,
looking for a cello.
Just a girl who plays solo,
looking for a cello.

Pied Piper said two lived across the street,
they moved away and I pound the concrete.
Down to South Lumpkin,
by Mister Register's house.

Looking for a cello,
looking for a cello.
A simple sound that's mellow,
looking for a cello.

Went downtown to the school of music,
Mister Van Deghanst knows how to choose it.
Lines 'em up,
and asks 'em their names.

Looking for a cello,
looking for a cello.
She's back from England wearing yellow,
looking for a cello.

Uncle Grumpy and Ralphabetz too,
met with Buddy and they told him the truth.
and old Buddy,
he went back upstairs...

Looking for a cello,
looking for a cello.
Something to play on the radio,
looking for a cello.

Up on Moon Road feeling the breeze,
this crosstown traffic's getting to my knees.
Pull over, Brother,
and let me look at this map.

Looking for a cello,
looking for a cello.
Just a girl who plays solo,
looking for a cello.

Words: Will Dockery
Music: Henry Conley
RVG
2013-01-28 04:15:15 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
I know a woman in town who plays the cello in the symphony.
Similar deal here, I'm surprised my "Looking For A Cello" poem is online
after all!
http://www.rammsteinuk.com/344420
Looking for a Cello
Looking for a cello,
looking for a cello.
Just a girl who plays solo,
looking for a cello.
I composed this some time ago:

Score sheet:
http://www.free-scores.com/download-sheet-music.php?pdf=48407
--
"Shut your eyes and see."
James Joyce, Ulysses

http://rvgmusic.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/rvgronoff
http://bluedusk.blogspot.com/
Peter J Ross
2013-01-28 19:26:42 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 05:15:15 +0100, RVG
Post by RVG
Post by Will Dockery
I know a woman in town who plays the cello in the symphony.
Similar deal here, I'm surprised my "Looking For A Cello" poem is online
after all!
http://www.rammsteinuk.com/344420
Looking for a Cello
Looking for a cello,
looking for a cello.
Just a girl who plays solo,
looking for a cello.
http://youtu.be/_CTPW2K1slo
http://www.free-scores.com/download-sheet-music.php?pdf=48407
I like your Adagio, though Fauré's elegy seems to be hovering over it,
and the alternation of flat and natural B at the start reminds me of a
notorious study by David Popper (and not in a good way).
--
PJR :-) | οἵη περ φύλλων γενεὴ, τοίη δὲ καὶ ἀνδρῶν.
RVG
2013-01-29 00:28:00 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 05:15:15 +0100, RVG
On Friday, January 25, 2013 7:54:29 AM UTC-5, Chuck Lysaght
I composed this some time ago: http://youtu.be/_CTPW2K1slo
http://www.free-scores.com/download-sheet-music.php?pdf=48407
I like your Adagio, though Fauré's elegy seems to be hovering over
it, and the alternation of flat and natural B at the start reminds
me of a notorious study by David Popper (and not in a good way).
Actually I had in mind Satie and Hahn, with elements of Byzantine chant.
The composition is about how life goes its little way, then something
momentous happens sometime (grace or grief) that traumatically disturbs
it (the modal/atonal ascension in the middle), then resumes its way in a
slightly different manner, with a different song than before, but with
the same visage so to speak, in an iconic sense.

http://bluedusk.blogspot.com/
Will Dockery
2013-01-29 02:35:00 UTC
Post by RVG
Post by Will Dockery
I know a woman in town who plays the cello in the symphony.
Similar deal here, I'm surprised my "Looking For A Cello" poem is online
after all!
http://www.rammsteinuk.com/344420
Looking for a Cello
Looking for a cello,
looking for a cello.
Just a girl who plays solo,
looking for a cello.
http://youtu.be/_CTPW2K1slo
http://www.free-scores.com/download-sheet-music.php?pdf=48407
--
"Shut your eyes and see."
James Joyce, Ulysses
http://rvgmusic.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/rvgronoff
http://bluedusk.blogspot.com/
Hello RVG!

Here was the song that we were "looking for a cello" on back then... wound
up with some horns and a clarinet...

Shadowville Speedway / Will Dockery & Henry Conley

http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/8798172-shadowville-speedway--will-dockery

Shadowville Speedway

In a taxi watching a sporting house
Beside a Linwood vacant lot
Silverdollar moon portspotting
Constellation like a sailor's knot.
The sky was black, ink and glitter in the night
Train whine saxophone out beyond the light.
I'm in love with a ghost blue turns to grey
Put a pyramid on my head to take my pain away.

Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway
Riding slow down a one way street.

Brown Reculse magic drifting around the shed
Someone has it in for me I must not lose my head
Moving with the speedo life several with me left behind
Burned too many bridges defragmented my time.
Somewhere in time I've seen all this before
In a magazine or a dream of a distant war.

Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway
Riding slow down a one way street.

Manifested destiny a manifesto and a part
All the actors still agree that ever had a heart.
Hazel knew the karma, she kept it in a bottle
Black tooth mojo marked index cards
Bundles over the side of Dillingham Bridge
Splashing as ripples reflect from the stars.

Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway
Riding slow down a one way street
Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway
Don't look back, don't admit defeat.

-Will Dockery & Henry Conley
RVG
2013-01-29 22:43:06 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
On Friday, January 25, 2013 7:54:29 AM UTC-5, Chuck Lysaght
I know a woman in town who plays the cello in the symphony.
Similar deal here, I'm surprised my "Looking For A Cello" poem is
online after all!
http://www.rammsteinuk.com/344420
Looking for a Cello
Looking for a cello, looking for a cello. Just a girl who plays
solo, looking for a cello.
I composed this some time ago: http://youtu.be/_CTPW2K1slo
http://www.free-scores.com/download-sheet-music.php?pdf=48407
Hello RVG!
Here was the song that we were "looking for a cello" on back then...
wound up with some horns and a clarinet...
Shadowville Speedway / Will Dockery & Henry Conley
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/8798172-shadowville-speedway--will-dockery
Good tex-mex/spaghetti western mood.
I'm visualizing Henry Fonda facing Jack Kerouac, about to fight a duel.
Then Bob Dylan comes in, rolls up a joint made of some Native herbal
mix, and all three end up driving to Malibu on Elvis' pink Cadillac.

And then I created my own RN account:
http://www.reverbnation.com/regisvgronoff
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway Don't look back, don't admit
defeat.
-Will Dockery & Henry Conley

http://bluedusk.blogspot.com/
Frank Drebbin
2013-01-30 03:35:38 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
I know a woman in town who plays the cello in the symphony.
Similar deal here, I'm surprised my "Looking For A Cello" poem is online
after all!
Me too.
I would have thought that the Internet would have rejected it as a
virus by now.
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Horrible. Simply fucking horrible.