Semi OT: Lyrics - Gold by John Stewart
S***@stevekosareff.com
2015-01-10 01:14:21 UTC
I am stupefied... every reference for this song says
"drivin' over Kanan"
I thought it was something else (i don't know what i thought)
Some say it's a city in California, some say it's a street
in L.A.
I live about 125 miles from L.A. and have never heard of a
city or street in L.A. named Kanan... not that i'm an expert.
I hate to be so nit-picky about such a stoopid thing... but
it's buggin' me now and won't let go!
Any answers? (besides therapy?)
luv,
erin...
Erin asked for "Gold"
Song Title: GOLD
Songwriter(s): John Stewart
Album Title: Bombs Away Dream Babies
Record Company: RSO
Record Number: RSO SUPER RSS6
Release Date: 1979
Format: LP
When the lights go down in the California town
People are in for the evening
I jump into my car and I throw in my guitar
My heart's beating time with my breathing
Driving over Kanan, singing to my soul
There's people out there turning music into gold
Oh, my buddy Tim Bass he's working pumping gas
And he makes two fifty for an hour
He's got rhythm in his hands as he's tapping on the cans
Sings rock and roll in the shower
Driving over Kanan, singing to my soul
There's people out there turning music into gold
Oh California girls are the greatest in the world
Each one a song in the making
Singing right to me, I can hear the melody
The story is there for the taking
Driving over Kanan, singing to my soul
There's people out there turning music into gold
Driving over Kanan, singing to my soul
There's people out there turning music into gold
When the lights go down in the California town
People are in for the evening
I jump into my car and I throw in my guitar
My heart's beating time with my breathing
Driving over Kanan, singing to my soul
There's people out there turning music into gold
Driving over Kanan, singing to my soul
There's people out there turning music into gold
People out there turning music into gold
People out there turning music into gold
The one bit that confuses people is "Kanan" which is
a road in LA.
Mark
--
visit alt.music.lyrics online!
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Balcony/9150/
"Kanan" in the song is Kanan Dume Road which can be driven over the Santa Monica Mountains from Agoura Hills near the #101 freeway to Malibu. It is a scenic, short curving route that can by used to bypass the freeway traffic. John Stewart probably drove it many times to and from his then-Malibu home at the time he was writing the song.
r***@gmail.com
2015-07-24 01:21:47 UTC
Does anyone know of a program, freeware or shareware
that can be easily used as a database for some lyrics.
I only want a small program, i don;t want to get involved
in a load of programming on a large program like
Access or whatever.
Mark
PS - If anyone needs them, I have the lyrics to some
300 John Stewart songs. Just ask me!
YES. I am in need of as many John Stewart lyrics as I can find. Can anyone help me find them?
Wilhelm Noeker
2015-07-31 07:40:01 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Does anyone know of a program, freeware or shareware
that can be easily used as a database for some lyrics.
I only want a small program, i don;t want to get involved
in a load of programming on a large program like
Access or whatever.
Mark
PS - If anyone needs them, I have the lyrics to some
300 John Stewart songs. Just ask me!
YES. I am in need of as many John Stewart lyrics as I can find. Can anyone help me find them?
Well, did you try contacting Mark? It seems that when he wrote this
(fifteen years ago!), his mail address was mmaustin (at) dial (dot)
pipex (dot) com.