Seems To Be No Time / Basil Fitzpatrick
Adam Lynn
2012-05-12 00:26:11 UTC
, a poem-song which speaks for us all...
Speak for yourself. You don't speak for me.
Damn right I don't.
I don't speak "Gobble-de-Gook".
no comment.
This is no time to bite the bullet with our remote
transitional capability. We need to cascade memos
about our millennial administrative flexibility.Today
marks the 20th anniversary celebrations of our four-
dimensional strategic alignment. Our upgraded model
now offers three-dimensional digital matrix approaches.
It's time to revamp and reboot our quality third-
generation paradigm shifts. At base level, this just comes
down to knowledge-based management programming.
The consultants recommend ambient logistical flexibility.
We need to get on-message about our total digital
projections. I can make a window to discuss your interactive
reciprocal concepts. Get back to me a.a.a.p. and thanks in
advance.

Bob
Irkin Invader Zim
2012-05-12 03:46:26 UTC
A classic from Clyde Baker, "There Seems To Be No Time" (which I'll be
attempting to give a rendition of),
Why do you hate Clyde Baker, Dockery?
That's the only reason I could see a deadbeat like you "attempting to
give a rendition."
Hieronymous 707
LOL.
Will Dockery
2012-05-12 13:30:50 UTC
Post by Irkin Invader Zim
A classic from Clyde Baker, "There Seems To Be No Time" (which I'll be
attempting to give a rendition of),
Why do you hate Clyde Baker, Dockery?
That's the only reason I could see a deadbeat like you "attempting to
give a rendition."
The "reason" was I was asked to sing three of the Late Clyde Baker's
songs, as the newsflash explains:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/372234026162291/

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 7:30pm until 11:30pm in CDT.
.
ARTEMIS RECORDS® PRESENTS-in association with EATV7-"TONIGHT IS MINE"
A tribute to Clyde Baker, the man and his music, live at THE LOFT in
Columbus, Georgia. Performances by Glaz Wind, The Flying Scumboli's,
The Conley Brothers, Gene Woolfolk, Joe McClure, Will Dockery, Rebecca
Harris Wright, Sandy Madaris, Tripp Wrigley, Stan Edwards, Marsha
Short, Brian Mallard, Rusty Wood, Darlene and Randy Dameron. Derundo
Jenkins .Rick Edwards, Gary Adkins, Sean Rox Michael Schoff, Gini
Woolfolk and many more!

Since you asked.

--
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11596860
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery
Hieronymous 707
no comment.
Will Dockery
2012-05-12 14:53:16 UTC
A classic from Clyde Baker, "There Seems To Be No Time" (which I'll be
attempting to give a rendition of)
[...]
no comment.
"We know."

--
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11596860
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery
Hieronymous 707
Royal "We"? LOL. no comment.
Will Dockery
2012-05-12 18:01:06 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
A classic from Clyde Baker, "There Seems To Be No Time", which I'll be
attempting to give a rendition of.
[...]
no comment.
"We know."
Royal "We"? LOL. no comment.
King Hammes the One-eth.

--
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11596860
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-12 18:15:34 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
A classic from Clyde Baker, "There Seems To Be No Time", which I'll be
attempting to give a rendition of.
[...]
no comment.
"We know."
Royal "We"? LOL. no comment.
King Hammes the One-eth.
No shit. I knew Dennis better than you did. We actually talked, were
friends, etc. etc. Read any of our old exchanges. You can tell by the
way we wrote back and forth that we enjoyed and appreciated each
other. You quote him and reference him, but never got to know him as a
person, much less as the superb writer he was. You never made the
effort because you dont care about anybody past the end of your nose.
You neverr made he effort. That's your loss. Don't blame me by quoting
"We know" from somebody you never made the effort to ever really know
because you were, and remain completely fixated on yourself.
Will Dockery
2012-05-12 18:26:21 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
A classic from Clyde Baker, "There Seems To Be No Time", which I'll be
attempting to give a rendition of.
[...]
no comment.
"We know."
Royal "We"? LOL. no comment.
King Hammes the One-eth.
No shit. I knew Dennis better than you did. We actually talked, were
friends, etc. etc. Read any of our old exchanges. You can tell by the
way we wrote back and forth that we enjoyed and appreciated each other.
So you claim, but there's never been any evidence of this that I've
seen.

In other words... Got Proof?

You quote [Dennis M. Hammes] and reference him, but never got to know
him as a
Post by Hieronymous 707
person, much less as the superb writer he was. You never made the
effort because you dont care about anybody past the end of your nose.
You neverr made he effort. That's your loss. Don't blame me by quoting
"We know" from somebody you never made the effort to ever really know
because you were, and remain completely fixated on yourself.
Yet I remain, naturally, a better writer than you are, or apparently
ever will be... as the simple change I made to your rant above proves.

--
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11596860
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-12 19:01:53 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Hieronymous 707
person, much less as the superb writer he was. You never made the
effort because you dont care about anybody past the end of your nose.
You neverr made he effort. That's your loss. Don't blame me by quoting
"We know" from somebody you never made the effort to ever really know
because you were, and remain completely fixated on yourself.
Yet I remain, naturally, a better writer than you are, or apparently
ever will be... as the simple change I made to your rant above proves.
Thinking that your change to my remark makes you a better writer than
me deserves no comment. What little you changed reflects your writing
ability. My remark still speaks for itself. The proof that Dennis and
I were friends is evidenced by Google archives. The truth is out
there. Avail yourself or not.
Will Dockery
2012-05-12 19:13:49 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
A classic from Clyde Baker, "There Seems To Be No Time", which I'll be
attempting to give a rendition of.
<rant snipped>
Post by Hieronymous 707
Thinking that your change to my remark makes you a better writer than
me deserves no comment.
Since you flubbed the basic "Who, What, Where" rule it simply *needs*
no comment, it is just a fact.

What little you changed reflects your writing
Post by Hieronymous 707
ability.
Exactly my point.

Post by Hieronymous 707
I were friends is evidenced by Google archives. The truth is out
there. Avail yourself or not.
Okay, then:

Failure to provide proof is noted.

--
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11596860
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-12 19:20:09 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Thinking that your change to my remark makes you a better writer than
me deserves no comment.
Since you flubbed the basic "Who, What, Where" rule it simply *needs*
no comment, it is just a fact.
People perceive what they perceive. What you assert is 'just a fact'
is just what you assert. People make up their own minds, and express
their own opinions, and I trust peopleowl have the opportunity here to
compare and contrast our respective writing abilities and decide for
themselves who to read and who to believe.
Will Dockery
2012-05-12 21:08:09 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Thinking that your change to my remark makes you a better writer than
me deserves no comment.
Since you flubbed the basic "Who, What, Where" rule it simply *needs*
no comment, it is just a fact.
People perceive what they perceive. What you assert is 'just a fact'
is just what you assert.
Just as you *assert* here on a daily basis, just in case you haven't
recognized that fact.

--
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11596860
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-12 21:27:49 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Thinking that your change to my remark makes you a better writer than
me deserves no comment.
Since you flubbed the basic "Who, What, Where" rule it simply *needs*
no comment, it is just a fact.
People perceive what they perceive. What you assert is 'just a fact'
is just what you assert.
Just as you *assert* here on a daily basis, just in case you haven't
recognized that fact.
It doesn't matter what I recognize. I'm just a writer. As a writer it
matters what people who read recognize. I don't care how you
characterize me. I expect people who love to read and know how to read
to recognize the truth when they see it. Basically, I believe and
trust in people, both in principle and in practice. I write for them.
If you're not one of them, don't read. Continue being a foil, a reason
for me to write for other people who are entertained by my responses
to your ignorant obstinacy.
Will Dockery
2012-05-12 21:50:29 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
It doesn't matter what I recognize. I'm just a writer. As a writer it
matters what people who read recognize.
Okay, I read and recognized... glad to know that matters to you.

--
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11596860
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-12 22:14:09 UTC
Sure you matter, Will. I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd.
Will Dockery
2012-05-12 22:49:17 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Sure you matter, Will.
Obviously, the way you continue to sniff behind every post I make.

--
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11596860
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-12 22:56:15 UTC
Sniffing noted. No comment.
Irkin Invader Zim
2012-05-12 03:47:01 UTC
, a poem-song which speaks for us all...
Speak for yourself. You don't speak for me.
Damn right I don't.
I don't speak "Gobble-de-Gook".
No. You speak "Drunken-de-lusional-Idiot."

Hey, how's the pizza business treating you lately?
Has Pasko gotten out of prison yet?
Will Dockery
2012-05-12 08:23:41 UTC
Post by Irkin Invader Zim
Hey, how's the pizza business treating you lately?
Has Pasko gotten out of prison yet?
Is that where you've been, prison?

I had begun to wonder if you'd died or something.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
c***@windstream.net
2012-05-12 20:37:31 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Irkin Invader Zim
Hey, how's the pizza business treating you lately?
Has Pasko gotten out of prison yet?
Is that where you've been, prison?
No, lifeless Louie, unlike your hippie-wanna-be ass I went out and got
a life.
Post by Will Dockery
I had begun to wonder if you'd died or something.
I wish you would. Then your recordings could skyrocket in value from
$0.00 to $00.00.

Man I hate you
Post by Will Dockery
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Will Dockery
2012-05-12 21:10:49 UTC
Man I hate you.
Yeah, your jelousy has turned to hatred... no surprise.
Post by Will Dockery
Gone Too Far
There's a wind from Russia
blowing over Alaska way.
Old man in the big house
won't have it any other way.
He says
"Da da da,
they've gone too far..."
People are worried---
wondering where they'll hide.
Dark forces at work.
illuminating the night.
The ladies dance the Maypole
across the divide.
Banks are a'falling
while I stand in line.
He says
"Da da da,
they've gone too far..."
People at the shelter---
they're working real hard.
Time waits for no man
but it stands stock still for me.
Dark forces at work
in levels of history.
Big bear come a'stomping
and he's coming for you.
He's on the phone with the Devil
and he wants what's due.
He says
"Da da da,
they've gone too far..."
People are worried---
wondering where they'll hide.
Dark forces at work.
across the divide.
-Will Dockery
--
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11596860
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery
c***@windstream.net
2012-05-13 01:16:59 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Man I hate you.
Yeah, your jelousy
Anyone who exhibits 'jelousy" [sic] toward you is either insane or a
total moron.

That was a lovely example of being a self-centered, egotistical,
arrogant asshole though. Nice going.
Post by Will Dockery
as turned to hatred... no surprise.
You misunderstand me, Duckery. I don't hate you like, say, the Die
Hard 3 villain hated John McClaine for killing his [villain's]
brother.
I hate you in the sense that you totally fucking suck as a performer
and a human being.
There is a difference.
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-13 11:46:14 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
as turned to hatred... no surprise.
You misunderstand me, Duckery. I don't hate you like, say, the Die
Hard 3 villain hated John McClaine for killing his [villain's]
brother.
I hate you in the sense that you totally fucking suck as a performer
and a human being.
There is a difference.
If you've never seen him perform live and never met him personally,
then your perception of him as a performer is limited to and informed
only by the mediums through which you perceive him, i.e. various
digital media, Usenet, Video and audio recording. Will is not
technically savvy or informed, and therefore wholly unappreciative of
the value of technical art and how it applies to what he does. Will is
an in your face, in the moment, inarticulate yet folksy, homespun, fun
kind of guy who doesn't know what he doesn't know and doesn't care
beyond arms reach. He's 'Local Meats & Produce' through and through, a
total ham. Egg him on and you get what you get, no surprise there.
Will Dockery
2012-05-13 17:50:34 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
If you've never seen him perform live and never met him personally,
then your perception of him as a performer is limited to and informed
only by the mediums through which you perceive him, i.e. various
digital media, Usenet, Video and audio recording. Will is not
technically savvy or informed, and therefore wholly unappreciative of
the value of technical art and how it applies to what he does. Will is
an in your face, in the moment, inarticulate yet folksy, homespun, fun
kind of guy who doesn't know what he doesn't know and doesn't care
beyond arms reach. He's 'Local Meats & Produce' through and through, a
total ham. Egg him on and you get what you get, no surprise there.
Well, there's nothing I can really argue with there, Corey... waking
up today after just one of those shows you're familar with, where I
and many fine musicans and friends rocked the Crimson Barrel bar in
the wilds of Fort Mitchell, I know that all aspects, good, bad and
ugly of what you described above happened... some of it somewhat
pleasurable for me and those among me.

Brian Mallard's camera caught every minute of it on video, so it'll
likely surface, in the narrow low-fi fashion you described.

I need a lot of coffee and am working on that right now, as the next
moment in time is here, the rehersals for the Clyde Baker Tribute show
at The Loft this coming Wednesday, which this thread is partly about.

--
"Wobble" / Will Dockery & Henry Conley:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_12951892
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-13 18:05:51 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
and those among me.
LOL Reminds me of an old rockabilly song, "There was a fungus among
us."
Will Dockery
2012-05-13 18:15:30 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
 and those among me.
LOL Reminds me of an old rockabilly song, "There was a fungus among
us."
Also the old George Clinton band's riff "Take off your shoes & let the
fungus be among us..."

Hieronymous 707
No, you don't remind me anything of George Clinton at all.
Will Dockery
2012-05-14 04:38:26 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Also the old George Clinton band's riff "Take off your shoes & let the
fungus be among us..."
No, you don't remind me anything of George Clinton at all.
I don't have to, you know-nothing, pompous ass.

The quote you used is from George Clinton, and no surprise your
shallow intellect had no idea of that:

http://henpantha.wordpress.com/2009/01/08/let-the-fungus-be-among-us-just-a-touch-of-love/

Just one more detail about me you don't have a clue about is my
intimate knowledge of 1970s soul music, and one thing I wouldn't
expect you to know anything about, with your obviously narrow world-
view.

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-14 08:38:06 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Also the old George Clinton band's riff "Take off your shoes & let the
fungus be among us..."
No, you don't remind me anything of George Clinton at all.
I don't have to, you know-nothing, pompous ass.
The quote you used is from George Clinton, and no surprise your
http://henpantha.wordpress.com/2009/01/08/let-the-fungus-be-among-us-...
Just one more detail about me you don't have a clue about is my
intimate knowledge of 1970s soul music, and one thing I wouldn't
expect you to know anything about, with your obviously narrow world-
view.
LOL. You used the phrase "and those among me" which I thought was a
funny use of the word among, so the word among stuck in my head. It
reminded me of a song that also reminded me of you. I didn't quote
George Clinton. Get a grip.
Will Dockery
2012-05-14 09:37:06 UTC
You used the phrase "and those among me" which [...]
reminded me of a song that also reminded me of you. I didn't quote
George Clinton.
The quote you used was from a George Clinton band, whether you know it
Post by Hieronymous 707
LOL Reminds me of an old rockabilly song, "There was a fungus among
us."
Also the old George Clinton band's riff "Take off your shoes & let the
fungus be among us..."
Let it rest... give me another of your foolish looking "no comment"
posts.

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-14 10:11:16 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
You used the phrase "and those among me" which [...]
reminded me of a song that also reminded me of you. I didn't quote
George Clinton.
The quote you used was from a George Clinton band, whether you know it
The rockabilly song I quoted specifically predates George Clinton's
use of a similar phrase by more than a decade, Will. The quote I used
is from exactly where I said it was.
Will Dockery
2012-05-18 21:27:19 UTC
The Will Dockery Project version of the Clyde Baker classic "Seems To
Be No Time", recorded Live at Del Ranch last night: Will Dockery &
Faye Baker (vocals), Basil Fitzpatrick, Miguel Jaurez, Henry Conley
(guitars), Doug Conley (bass), Geno Woolfolk (keys) & Derundo Jenkins
(drums).

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/22662480/highlight/264305

Seems To Be No Time  (written by Basil Fitzpatrick)
E. F# Verse
chorus
B. F# F# G A E
Say excuse me mister
won't you turn and look my way
 you may not recognize me
 or could your memory be vague.
Come toward me and look closer
so you see the sadness and the pain
 and it might occur to listen
 because I won't be back again.
4 measure instrumental
You may have seen me on the street
 in one hundred thousand different forms
 but this time don't mistake me
with what u might have seen before
 (chorus)
Seems like such a long time has past
since I remember my last smile
and those around don't seem to care
for them their time moves much too fast
 Say excuse me lady
seems you got something on your mind
 and how I'd like to ease your conscience
 but I see you havnt got the time
 You've been caught up in the backround
and let your sweet dreams slip away
 oh how I'd like to resurrect them
 even as I c u walk away
instrumental break 4 measures
 Dear lady if you still hear me
as you make your way between the crowd
 well above the traffic and the noise
I hear your heart crying aloud
So now I say to you good people
 it's now my tone to say goodbye
 you see my breeds close to extinction
and now I've found the reason why.
 There seems to be no time
 There seems to be no time
 There seems to be no time
 There seems to be no time...
-Basil Fitzpatrick
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/22662480/highlight/264305
Will Dockery
2012-07-14 14:53:31 UTC
[...]

Tribute to Clyde Baker. Singer/songwriter from the Columbus, Georgia /
Phenix City, Alabama area who passed away in April of 2012.

"Seems To Be No Time", written by Basil Fitzpatrick originally sang by Clyde
Baker, vocal interpretation by Will Dockery / "Bang A Gong" written by Marc
Bolan, vocal by Will Dockery / "Nothing & Nothing" written&#65279; by Clyde
Baker, vocal Basil Fitzpatrick / "Tonight Is Mine" written by Clyde Baker,
Vocal by Derundo Jenkins / "White Rabbit" written by Grace Slick, vocal by
Gini Davidson / "Gloria" written by Van Morrison, vocal by Dan Davidson.

Here's the link to the Phenix City Cable special filmed in tribute to Clyde
Baker:

"Tribute to Clyde Baker. Singer/songwriter from the Columbus, Georgia /
Phenix City, Alabama area who passed away in April of 2012. Shot at The Loft
in Columbus, Georgia May, 2012. Artists include; Basil Fitzpatrick, Faye
Fitzpatrick, Joe George, Gary Adkins, Richard Long, Henry Conley, Will
Dockery, Joe McClure, Derundo Jenkins, and more. Produced by EATV 7/East
Alabama Cable-TV."

Clyde Milton Baker Jr. born 1956 passed away April 9th 2012.
He was a local celebrity in the music scene of Columbus GA-Phenix City AL:

"Clyde Baker's musical talent goes beyond his instrumental skill. His
smooth, baritone voicepossesses a quality which produces a sound of
great clarity and warmth. Audiences are quickto respond to this
natural happening. Clyde hails from Phenix City, Alabama and his
matchless Southern charm [is] vividly communicated to all..."