Don't send a monkey...
p***@gmail.com
2008-08-07 03:05:10 UTC
My mother was singing this song the other day, but could only remember
a couple lines. It is an old song with a island/calypso feel to it.

Don't send a monkey to the store to bring home bananas and put them on
the shelf
Don't send a monkey to the store to bring home bananas, he'll eat them
all himself.

Anyone out there recognize it and know the title or who sang it?
Thanks!
n***@verizon.net
2008-08-10 15:10:54 UTC
I remember that song, and I'm very surprised that it can't be found
out there on the Web. I think it was sung by a man with a Harry
Belafonte sort of sound.

Could it possibly have been from a television commercial, rather than
an actual song>?
Thanks!
g***@comcast.net
It was a song from an album by Dwayne Hickman called Dobie! Hickman played Dobie Gillis on TV.
g***@comcast.net