Looking for lyrics to "Love Theme from El Cid"
L***@msn.com
2009-05-18 03:16:49 UTC
I just watched "El Cid," the 1961 film about the great medieval
Spanish general starring Charlton Heston and Sophia Loren.

The music by Miklos Rosza is one of those great "Hollywood Epic"
scores. There is a song at the end of the film that plays over the
closing epilogue. "Love Theme from El Cid (The Falcon and the Dove),"
with lyrics by Paul Francis Webster.

Unfortunately, you can't hear the lyrics very well. The choir that
sings the song is being drowned out by the orchestra playing the
music.

Does anyone have the lyrics to "Love Theme from El Cid"? I'd like to
know what they were singing in that song.
d***@daltons.ca
2012-09-25 03:43:59 UTC
Post by L***@msn.com
I just watched "El Cid," the 1961 film about the great medieval
Spanish general starring Charlton Heston and Sophia Loren.
The music by Miklos Rosza is one of those great "Hollywood Epic"
scores. There is a song at the end of the film that plays over the
closing epilogue. "Love Theme from El Cid (The Falcon and the Dove),"
with lyrics by Paul Francis Webster.
Unfortunately, you can't hear the lyrics very well. The choir that
sings the song is being drowned out by the orchestra playing the
music.
Does anyone have the lyrics to "Love Theme from El Cid"? I'd like to
know what they were singing in that song.
the first line of the song is "a bell rings in the hush of the evening". If you type that exact phrase in your search inquiry, it will bring up a link to Tadlow Music. The lyrics to the song are listed there. Tadlow music has published a new recording of the entire soundtrack.