"The path to my mother’s has become overgrown with clover" Janacek
Bill Davy
2021-05-27 07:24:09 UTC
I cannot find the rest of these lyrics, which Janácek used as a title to
a suite.

Can anyone help, please?

TIA,
Bill
Mack A. Damia
2021-05-27 15:51:38 UTC
Post by Bill Davy
I cannot find the rest of these lyrics, which Janácek used as a title to
a suite.
Can anyone help, please?
Apparently, it is a Moravian wedding song.

https://www.hyperion-records.co.uk/tw.asp?w=W15247&t=GBAJY1589511&al=CDA67895

I don't think there are lyrics. That is only a title.

“On an Overgrown Path” is based on Moravian folk-songs and the title
comes from one song with the opening line, “The path to my mother’s
house is grown over with weedy clover.” It’s a bride’s song, a young
woman remembering her life before marriage."

https://theresakishkan.com/2019/02/21/the-path-to-my-mothers-house/

"The first series of Janácek’s On an Overgrown Path consists of ten
intimate, miniature piano works given programmatic titles that express
a striking range of emotion. The title is a reference from Moravian
folk poetry, suggesting a time gone by, which is reflected in the
nostalgic quality of each piece."

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/213402677.pdf