Ive got to get away? Song I can't get out of my head, but don't know what it is
m***@gmail.com
2019-05-12 19:24:51 UTC
Hey so I realize this is an old post but whatever. I think the song you were thinking of was Smalltown Boy by Bronski Beat... I could be totally wrong but sounds like Tainted Love, is catchy, but is such a hard song to remember. Anyway, sorry for bringing this forum back up but figured it’s worth mentioning.
r***@gmail.com
2019-06-13 20:54:59 UTC
My friend is always playing this awesome CD, but I can never remember
whos it is. The particular song Im looking for goes something like
"I've got to get away.......I've got to run away run away run awayyy."
The backround in electronic and very catchy, could somone please help
me out?
Lenny Kravitz
w***@gmail.com
2019-07-14 21:22:49 UTC
Bubba sparxxx deliverance
j***@gmail.com
2019-07-21 18:29:03 UTC
i feel i can suffercate i gotta get away im only hiding from the truth
runaway runaway runaway
getaway runaway
getaway
l***@gmail.com
2019-12-10 01:34:07 UTC
I think I may have the one one for you

Fischerspooner - Emerge

m***@gmail.com
Try Daises by White Reaper.
m***@gmail.com
It is by Stephen, Get Away
r***@gmail.com
How about ryan Tyler- run run run
a***@gmail.com
I was having the same quest tonight. I wonder if your earworm was the same. Mine was definitely Lenny Kravitz
m***@gmail.com
Aerosmith - Fly Away From Here SURE IT US THISD ONE
t***@gmail.com
2020-06-28 21:32:03 UTC
My friend is always playing this awesome CD, but I can never remember
whos it is. The particular song Im looking for goes something like
"I've got to get away.......I've got to run away run away run awayyy."
The backround in electronic and very catchy, could somone please help
me out?
Could be Shattered Dreams, by Johnny Hates Jazz.
That's what first came to my mind...
It's electronic and very catchy

"And now you've given me, given me
Nothing but shattered dreams, shattered dreams
Feel like I could run away, run away
From this empty heart"
b***@gmail.com
2020-07-13 01:27:59 UTC
man next door massive attack
s***@gmail.com
2020-07-28 04:08:58 UTC
Surely you have your answer by now, but in case you don't. I believe you're talking about "Vanity Fair" by The Ocean Blue
TriangleGames
2021-06-23 07:00:05 UTC
I'm pretty sure I found this page because I was looking for the same thing.
If I'm right, it has a very clear electronic/synth feel, more like a Gary Numan kind of vibe.
Lyrics, as I recal, are something like:
"I've got to runaway, run awaaaay, toniiight
Ooooooh, da-da da-daaa da-daaaaaaa DUN! DUN!"
(possibly)
"Ooooooh, where do we gooo from heeeere, DUN! DUN!"
TriangleGames
EDIT: Nope! I was wrong, and I am astonished. The song I was thinking of was Freetime by Kenna, but that wasn't released until 2003, and the original post here is from October of 2002. So, unless he heard some sort of pre-release version of the album, there's no way we could be talking about the same song. Oh, and there are no lyrics to that second part in Freetime. It's just "oooooh, oh-oh oh-oooh oh-oooooh."
Michael Cohen
2022-02-08 23:20:58 UTC
A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away) is obviously the ACTUAL song, yall are very....imaginative....
Rox S Anderson III
2022-05-10 23:57:12 UTC
You sir, are a genius. It only took 20 years. This is what the internet was made for.
JC Cook
2022-05-20 01:34:53 UTC
Yesssss
JC Cook
2022-05-20 01:34:26 UTC
Finally...thank you!
Diana Toburen
2022-03-11 05:31:02 UTC
My friend is always playing this awesome CD, but I can never remember
whos it is. The particular song Im looking for goes something like
"I've got to get away.......I've got to run away run away run awayyy."
The backround in electronic and very catchy, could somone please help
me out?
Falls apart- sugar ray
definitely
Nigel Reed
2022-03-12 21:40:47 UTC
On Thu, 10 Mar 2022 21:31:02 -0800 (PST)
Post by Diana Toburen
My friend is always playing this awesome CD, but I can never
remember whos it is. The particular song Im looking for goes
something like "I've got to get away.......I've got to run away run
away run awayyy." The backround in electronic and very catchy,
could somone please help me out?
Falls apart- sugar ray
definitely
I bet the OP figured that out in the 20 years between them posting and
your response. :)
--
End Of The Line BBS - Plano, TX
telnet endofthelinebbs.com 23
Melody Jarrells
2022-03-17 00:29:21 UTC
This is my current ear worm

Run away run away run away …..
Look away look away look away……
Male singer
Can hear these two parts but cannot remember anything but those exact words.
Nigel Reed
2022-03-21 06:46:06 UTC
On Wed, 16 Mar 2022 17:29:21 -0700 (PDT)
Post by Melody Jarrells
This is my current ear worm
Run away run away run away …..
Look away look away look away……
Male singer
Can hear these two parts but cannot remember anything but those exact words.
How about Life is a Carnival by The Band?
Leavethis Here
2022-03-22 17:58:35 UTC
For me it was "Get Away" by Bobby Brown:

ADRIANA SALISBURY
tainted love by soft cell
Graham Baitey
I think the song you are looking for is I ran so far away by a flock of seagulls
Johnny Miller
The song you're talking about is Runaway by Jefferson Starship! Hope this answer makes it to you!
Derek Lao
2022-11-27 08:33:28 UTC
One that I'm thinking of, and been looking for, I feel goes something like

All I wanna do is, to love you
All I wanna be is, beside you
All I wanna... (some lyrics)
Run away, Run away, Run away...
P Will
2023-06-15 14:02:42 UTC
My friend is always playing this awesome CD, but I can never remember
whos it is. The particular song Im looking for goes something like
"I've got to get away.......I've got to run away run away run awayyy."
The backround in electronic and very catchy, could somone please help
me out?
Not this one?
Enya - Orinoco Flow

Nigel Reed
2023-06-21 18:50:45 UTC
On Thu, 15 Jun 2023 07:02:42 -0700 (PDT)
Post by P Will
My friend is always playing this awesome CD, but I can never
remember whos it is. The particular song Im looking for goes
something like "I've got to get away.......I've got to run away run
away run awayyy." The backround in electronic and very catchy,
could somone please help me out?
Not this one?
Enya - Orinoco Flow
http://youtu.be/LTrk4X9ACtw
Nah, either Psycho Killer by Talking Heads or I Ran by A Flock of
Seagulls, which is what I put my money on.
Cristina Fogarty
me out?
Cristina Fogarty
2023-06-30 00:38:54 UTC
My friend is always playing this awesome CD, but I can never remember
whos it is. The particular song Im looking for goes something like
"I've got to get away.......I've got to run away run away run awayyy."
The backround in electronic and very catchy, could somone please help
me out?
Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz?
It’s gotta be tainted love it goes exactly like that I don’t know more people haven’t put this.

Here are some lyrics
Sometimes I feel I've got to run away
I've got to get away
From the pain you drive into the heart of me
The love we share seems to go nowhere
And I've lost my life
For I toss and turn, I can't sleep at night
Nigel Reed
2023-07-10 00:36:44 UTC
On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 17:38:54 -0700 (PDT)
Post by Cristina Fogarty
My friend is always playing this awesome CD, but I can never
remember whos it is. The particular song Im looking for goes
something like "I've got to get away.......I've got to run away
run away run awayyy." The backround in electronic and very
catchy, could somone please help me out?
Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz?
It’s gotta be tainted love it goes exactly like that I don’t know
more people haven’t put this.
Here are some lyrics
Sometimes I feel I've got to run away
I've got to get away
From the pain you drive into the heart of me
The love we share seems to go nowhere
And I've lost my life
For I toss and turn, I can't sleep at night
Because there's nothing like "run awayyyyy" in Tainted Love :)

Good song tho.
lyser g
2023-11-02 18:52:54 UTC
Maverick Sabre - Into Nirvana