Mink (Willy) the Ville
steggy
2009-08-07 20:20:26 UTC
RIP

I am Dutch and lived in Arizona for about 5 years. It was strange that
nobody knew Mink the Ville, even people who were very into rock etcetera.

Maybe he is more known in Europe than in the US? I would like some view
on this.

In the meantime, enjoy:

Michael
2009-08-07 21:47:27 UTC
Post by steggy
RIP
I am Dutch and lived in Arizona for about 5 years. It was strange that
nobody knew Mink the Ville, even people who were very into rock etcetera.
Maybe he is more known in Europe than in the US? I would like some view
on this.
http://youtu.be/eYzVkV94IfA
I love the early stuff, particularly his/their version of Moon Martin's
"Cadillac Walk".

Live version here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/cadillac+walk/video/x5cg8p_willy-de-ville-cadillac-walk_music

http://www.a-lyric.com/
progea
2009-08-08 02:40:58 UTC
Post by steggy
RIP
I am Dutch and lived in Arizona for about 5 years. It was strange that
nobody knew Mink the Ville, even people who were very into rock etcetera.
Maybe he is more known in Europe than in the US? I would like some view
on this.
http://youtu.be/eYzVkV94IfA
I heard of him in Eastern Europe in the late '70s when I was a
teenager and I heard of punk. Been in Canada for 15.5 years now.
jack
He was a one hit wonder in the UK. Spanish Stroll reached numer 20 in 1977
Mark Rae
2009-08-08 13:48:59 UTC
I would like some view on this.
A good way to respect his memory might be to spell his name correctly...
steggy
2009-08-11 20:46:05 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
I would like some view on this.
A good way to respect his memory might be to spell his name correctly...
You are so right, saw it too late and did not care to cancel since there
were answers.

Very careless.