TV related songs on Billboard Chart (was Re: Emmy Winning, Oscar Nominated Actress, Jean Simmons Has Died)
Obveeus
2010-01-26 15:41:05 UTC
Edith Bunker was played by Jean Stapleton.
-----------------------------------
I've also seen her on stage.
She got a special nod last week from Billboard magazine as the song 'Those
were The Days' from All in the Family was named as the Best song to Ever
peak at #43 on the Billboard Pop Chart.

Some other TV related nods went out to:
Best Ever: The Tra La La Song (One Banana, Two Banana) by The Banana Splits
peaked at #96
Best Ever: Where Everybody Knows Your Name by Gary Portnoy peaked at #83
Best Ever: 'Deep, Deep Trouble' The Simpson (Bart and Homer) peaked at #69
Honorable Mention: 'WKRP in Cinncinnatti' by Steve Carlisle peaked at #65
Best Ever: Girls Ain't Nothin But Trouble' by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh
Prince of Bell-Air (also sampled I Dream of Jeanie) peaked at #57
Honorable Mention: 'Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da' by the Beatles peaked at #49
Best Ever: Paul Shaffer for his song (he wrote it) It's Raining Men which
peaked at #46
Honorable Mention: 'Mission-Impossible' version by Lalo Schifrin peaked at
Honerable Mention: 'Meet the Flintstones' (B-52s version) peaked at #33

A big note of thanks to Allen Kirshner who's tracking of Billboard / TV
songs in a post to alt.music.lyrics aided in my compiling this list.
The Top25 list for Billboard's Best songs Ever to Peak at position 'X' will
be released later today.
Obveeus
2010-01-26 21:25:38 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Edith Bunker was played by Jean Stapleton.
-----------------------------------
I've also seen her on stage.
She got a special nod last week from Billboard magazine as the song 'Those
were The Days' from All in the Family was named as the Best song to Ever
peak at #43 on the Billboard Pop Chart.
Billboard just released their list of Best ever songs peaking at positions 1
through 25.
A few more of those with a TV related vibe include:

Honorable Mention: 'Rainbow Connection' sung by Kermit peaked at #25
Best Ever: 'Theme From the Dukes of Hazzard' by Waylon Jennings peaked at
R H Draney
Honorable mention: 'I'll Be There For You' by The Rembrandts peaked at #17
Best Ever: 'Don't Stop Believin' by Journey (mentioned only as a reference
that it was the biggest hit so far from the TV show Glee) peaked at #9
I would have thought that last one was TV-memorable because of its use in the
"Sopranos" finale....r
--
A pessimist sees the glass as half empty.
An optometrist asks whether you see the glass
more full like this?...or like this?
Obveeus
2010-01-31 02:17:33 UTC
Post by R H Draney
Post by Obveeus
Billboard just released their list of Best ever songs peaking at positions 1
through 25.
Best Ever: 'Don't Stop Believin' by Journey (mentioned only as a reference
that it was the biggest hit so far from the TV show Glee) peaked at #9
I would have thought that last one was TV-memorable because of its use in the
"Sopranos" finale....r
If I remember correctly, when the Glee song hit the charts, Billboard
commented on how Glee had captured the TV status of the song from the
Sopranos.