GREAT TRAVELING SONGS?
@
2009-08-30 23:24:41 UTC
For doing road trips?

Anyone know any?

I can only think of one right now.

The Allman Brothers Band - "Jessica"

Or "Jessica" on MP3: http://guitar-clips.com/DH&Friends/18.%20Jessica.mp3

I am sure % knows some.
%
2009-08-30 23:37:45 UTC
Post by @
For doing road trips?
Anyone know any?
I can only think of one right now.
The Allman Brothers Band - "Jessica"
http://youtu.be/0rrMZcCfCm8
http://guitar-clips.com/DH&Friends/18.%20Jessica.mp3
I am sure % knows some.
yea i do , i know lot of em , Golden Earring , Radar Love
@
2009-08-30 23:38:34 UTC
Post by %
Post by @
For doing road trips?
Anyone know any?
I can only think of one right now.
The Allman Brothers Band - "Jessica"
http://youtu.be/0rrMZcCfCm8
Or "Jessica" on MP3: http://guitar-clips.com/DH&Friends/18.%20Jessica.mp3
I am sure % knows some.
yea i do , i know lot of em , Golden Earring , Radar Love
Yeah, baby!

http://www.sunrisemusics.com/musicas/radar_love.mp3

got it.
%
deep purple has a few , speed king , highway star
@
posted highway star. Just looking for speed king.
%
http://autos.canada.com/news/story.html?id=1554221
@
Great. Thanks.
%
Six Days On The Road but its gotta be by Taj Mahall
@
2009-08-31 00:01:58 UTC
Post by %
Post by @
Post by %
Post by @
For doing road trips?
Anyone know any?
I can only think of one right now.
The Allman Brothers Band - "Jessica"
http://youtu.be/0rrMZcCfCm8
http://guitar-clips.com/DH&Friends/18.%20Jessica.mp3 I am sure %
knows some.
yea i do , i know lot of em , Golden Earring , Radar Love
Yeah, baby!
http://www.sunrisemusics.com/musicas/radar_love.mp3
got it.
Six Days On The Road but its gotta be by Taj Mahall
I think this is the one.

I can turn a youtube vid into an mp3.
@
2009-08-30 23:48:19 UTC
Post by %
Post by @
For doing road trips?
Anyone know any?
I can only think of one right now.
The Allman Brothers Band - "Jessica"
http://youtu.be/0rrMZcCfCm8
Or "Jessica" on MP3: http://guitar-clips.com/DH&Friends/18.%20Jessica.mp3
I am sure % knows some.
yea i do , i know lot of em , Golden Earring , Radar Love
Oh yeah, and probably one of the most smoking road songs of all-time:

Deep Purple - "Highway Star"
http://www.lucz.com/semmicico/dp/Deep%20Purple%20-%20Machine%20Head/01.%20Highway%20Star.mp3
Tick
2009-08-31 00:00:14 UTC
Post by %
Post by @
For doing road trips?
Anyone know any?
I can only think of one right now.
The Allman Brothers Band - "Jessica"
http://youtu.be/0rrMZcCfCm8
Or "Jessica" on MP3:http://guitar-clips.com/DH&Friends/18.%20Jessica.mp3
I am sure % knows some.
yea i do , i know lot of em , Golden Earring , Radar Love
Deep Purple - "Highway Star"http://www.lucz.com/semmicico/dp/Deep%20Purple%20-%20Machine%20Head/0...
I got a note from my friend a drummer that Keith, who used to do
Highway star wih my buddy, died of cancer the other day.

He played it better than Blackmore. Blackmore came into the
Georgetown saloon in redding, and people were playing keep away with
his wig. I saw them at Felt Forum in 73, they sucked bad. But before
that, my buddy's band saw them and became enamored and they learned
their chops fro them. Ian Pace.\ Roger Glover (lives in greenwich
here) John Lord....and Ritchie, who is into Celtic stuff now.
I'm an old bastard.

and we can't forget the singer, Ian Gillam...sucked live. drugs.
hadda be.
@
2009-08-31 00:09:36 UTC
Post by @
Post by %
Post by @
[...]

---------------
Ian Gillan ended up doing some work with Pavarotti. Check it out:

"Nessun Dorma" - Pavarotti & Ian Gillan

Strange but true.
Tick
2009-08-31 00:22:28 UTC
Post by Tick
Post by @
Post by %
Post by @
[...]
http://youtu.be/Hw6UoFxno9E
Strange but true.
Holy Cow! and he got da voice dare.

oooo...Pav got the tenor...

Ian looks good.

Thanks, man?

I'm pretty sure you be a man.

don't matter.

cool.
(my drummer is a woman...she's married, so I call her 'man' when I
write her. weirdness)That was great.
I am half italian. the old lady was Italian, my grandfather lived
next door to me all my life.
the white tank top doing the tomatoes...

"Eeel Yeee " My woman from Toe Kay Oh "Polaccchhho....."

next vid...Oh...he be dead. Nevermind.
@
2009-08-31 00:58:24 UTC
Post by Tick
Post by @
Post by %
Post by @
[...]

+++ Tell her to check out terry Bozzio:

+++ He's now playing with 'Korn' I do believe.

Tick
2009-08-31 01:40:49 UTC
Post by Tick
Post by @
Post by %
Post by @
[...]
+++ Tell her to check out terry http://youtu.be/N97kdlGjspE
Holy Cow....she's gonna love this.

she is going thru a thing...she, first, is great, and I played with a
lot o shitty drummers...she has the chops and the beat.
she's dedicated to my stuff. so since we parted for "Tick part 2",
she plays in a club for an open mike thing every thursday in
upstateCt.
she learned they were making fun of her the other night, the house
freakin guitarist and his friend.

she is so freakin hurt. I had to remind her of what we do, have done.
there is a song on my my space site called all the things they told me
and me and her just made it up and recorded it at the same time. But
the timing is so cool...just me and her, and she's left handed, so
she's playing a synth with her right hand.

while playing the drums.

man...
I'm glad the guy who plays bass at that gig quit over that shit, and I
think he wants to play my shit. He plays a walking bass line great,
as I remember, looks like...an old fart....like me.

so it'll be fine.

www.myspace.com/brianofthelastpear
is where that song will be to stream.
@
2009-08-31 03:39:14 UTC
Post by Tick
Post by @
Post by %
Post by @
[...]

+++ Bozzio is the man:

+++

+++ Keep in mind, everthing he is doing with his hands, he is doing with his
feet

+++ I love this man's attitude.
Tick
2009-08-30 23:46:38 UTC
The Allman Brothers Band - http://youtu.be/0rrMZcCfCm8
Or "Jessica" on MP3:  http://guitar-clips.com/DH&Friends/18.%20Jessica.mp3
I am sure % knows some.
Christopher Cross..."Ride Like The Wind"
I had a rented Chrysler with a system that was so loud, and there it
came on the radio in Colony, NY. Oh Man.
Tick
2009-08-30 23:53:31 UTC
Post by Tick
Post by @
For doing road trips?
Anyone know any?
I can only think of one right now.
The Allman Brothers Band - http://youtu.be/0rrMZcCfCm8
Or "Jessica" on MP3:  http://guitar-clips.com/DH&Friends/18.%20Jessica.mp3
I am sure % knows some.
Christopher Cross..."Ride Like The Wind"
I had a rented Chrysler with a system that was so loud, and there it
came on the radio in Colony, NY.  Oh Man.
ya got me listening to it.
4.13 mb....where can I send it?
is invalid at invalid dot invalid a real addy, or a Sears addy?

anyway.
//I'm reminded that Michael McDonald sings here. There was an SCTV
sketch with Ric Moranis as him, running from studio to studio to put
his vocals on steely dan, doobies, Chris Cross.

a howl.
@

%
http://amog.com/lifestyle/dangerous-driving-songs-time/
Tick
2009-08-31 00:08:01 UTC
Post by Tick
Post by Tick
Post by @
[...]
heh...I used to be so herbally wasted, watching sctv. I couldn't
believe anyone was that funny.

I thought that only I got the jokes.

so...I'm now at asd.
a sad sad ...oh hell, I'm filling the bowl as we speak.
@
2009-08-31 00:31:23 UTC
Post by Tick
Post by Tick
Post by @
[...]

Hey, remember - "he blowed up real good" hahahahaha!

Lots of SCTV on gootube:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sctv+&search_type=&aq=f
%
2009-08-31 00:40:37 UTC
Post by Tick
Post by Tick
Post by Tick
Post by @
[...]
i remember when someone refused to blow up ,
but i can`t remember who it was so the two guys blew up
Tick
2009-08-31 01:06:06 UTC
Post by %
Post by Tick
Post by Tick
Post by @
[...]
Neil Sedaka and Brooke Shields.....a HAHAHA....OMG that was funny.

"hey, you got a high voice...."

"Yeth, I do....what of it?"
@
2009-08-31 03:25:03 UTC
Post by %
Post by Tick
Post by Tick
Post by Tick
Post by @
[...]
A lot of guys blowed up. But I can't remember when.

--
Van Halen - "Dancing In The Street"

http://www.ventsi.com/Music/Van%20Halen/1982%20-%20Diver%20Down/Van%20Halen%20-%20Diver%20Down%20-%2007%20-%20Dancing%20In%20The%20Street.mp3
Tick
2009-08-31 01:10:23 UTC
Post by Tick
Post by Tick
Post by @
[...]
best one to me: the godfather. ha...guy cabeleiro as him, with the
cat...ric moranis as Mike/Eugene Levyas Sonny....and when sonny looks
out the window and sees Pavoratti, (John Candy) he says, :"He's makin
a bee line straight for the lasagna!"
and Pavoratti comes in eating a provolone, about a ten pounder. the
godfather asks him for a slice, he says no.....

ahahahahahaha oh man.

that's some good chronic
@
2009-08-30 23:55:50 UTC
Post by @
For doing road trips?
Anyone know any?
I can only think of one right now.
The Allman Brothers Band -
http://youtu.be/0rrMZcCfCm8
Or "Jessica" on MP3: http://guitar-clips.com/DH&Friends/18.%20Jessica.mp3
I am sure % knows some.
Christopher Cross..."Ride Like The Wind"
I had a rented Chrysler with a system that was so loud, and there it
came on the radio in Colony, NY. Oh Man.

-----------------

Got it.

http://www.discoworkout.com/uploads/christopher_cross_ride.mp3

thanks.
%
2009-08-31 00:00:20 UTC
Let's go driving in an automobile
Let's take a ride in a car
Listen to the motor go vroom, vroom, vroom
As we travel near and far
Vroom, vr-vroom, vr-vroom
Vroom, vroom, vroom
Vroom, vr-vroom, vroom, vroom, vroom
Vroom, vr-vroom, vr-vroom,
Vroom, vroom, vroom, vroom,
Vroom, vroom, vroom, vroom, vroom.

Let's go driving in an automobile
Let's take a ride in a car
Listen to the horn go beep, beep, beep
As we travel near and far
Beep, be-beep, be-beep,
Beep, beep, beep,
Beep, be-beep, be-beep, beep
Beep, be-beep, be-beep,
Beep, beep, beep, beep
Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep.

Let's go driving in an automobile
Let's take a ride in a car.
Windshield wipers go swish, swish, swish
As we travel near and far
Swish, sw-swish, sw-swish,
Swish, swish, swish,
Swish, sw-swish, sw-swish, swish
Swish, sw-swish, sw-swish,
Swish, swish, swish, swish,
Swish, swish, swish, swish, swish.

Let's go driving in an automobile
Let's take a ride in a car.
Listen to the people sing la, la la
As we travel near and far
La, la, la, la, la
La, la, la
La, la, la, la, la, la
La, la, la, la, la
La, la, la, la
La, la, la, la, la.

Let's go driving in an automobile
Let's take a ride in a car.
Listen to the sounds we all can hear
As we travel near and far
Vroom, vr-vroom, vr-vroom
Vroom, vroom, vroom
Beep, be-beep, be-beep, beep
Swish, sw-swish, sw-swish,
Swish, swish, swish
La, la, la, la, la.
@

woot!
"jordy"
2009-08-31 16:26:21 UTC
Post by @
For doing road trips?
Anyone know any?
I can only think of one right now.
The Allman Brothers Band - http://youtu.be/0rrMZcCfCm8
Or "Jessica" on MP3:  http://guitar-clips.com/DH&Friends/18.%20Jessica.mp3
I am sure % knows some.
Joni Mitchell's album "Hejira" is all about her travels from
California to the east coast, and back again...