Don't Close Your Eyes
SS
2005-03-01 01:22:25 UTC
hello group :) maybe someone can help me.

i'm looking for the name of a song. i have limited info to offer ...

it sounds like an 80s hard rock band, but it's not a head-banger song, hard
sound but fairly slow.

the lyrics i recall:

"don't close your eyes"
"don't close your eyes"

what might help is that the second time they sing "don't clsoe your eyes" it
sounds like:

"don't close your eye-ee-eyeeeeeeees" (they kinda drag on the word 'eyes')

thanks!
Kevin
2005-03-01 03:59:41 UTC
Post by SS
hello group :) maybe someone can help me.
i'm looking for the name of a song. i have limited info to offer ...
it sounds like an 80s hard rock band, but it's not a head-banger song, hard
sound but fairly slow.
"don't close your eyes"
"don't close your eyes"
what might help is that the second time they sing "don't clsoe your eyes" it
"don't close your eye-ee-eyeeeeeeees" (they kinda drag on the word 'eyes')
thanks!
could it possibly be this

DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES
Kix
(P. Purnell/B. Halligan Jr.)

What's you're doing out in the night time
Won't you call me on the phone
Your mama can't solve your problem
When's daddy ever get home

So you think you're a little bit wild
In the middle of the suicide

Don't close your eyes
Don't close your eyes
Don't sing your last lullaby

No one there to hold you
No one is your friend
You live life up and down now
Nightmares on your brain

Another lonely way of hanging round
Don't you take it falling down no no

Hold on hold on tight
I'll make everything all right
Wake up don't go asleep
I'll pray the lord
Your soul to keep

Don't close your eyes
Don't close your eyes
Don't sing your last lullaby

Don't close your eyes
Don't close your eyes
Don't sing your last lullaby
lugnut
2005-03-01 15:57:39 UTC
Post by SS
hello group :) maybe someone can help me.
i'm looking for the name of a song. i have limited info to offer ...
it sounds like an 80s hard rock band, but it's not a head-banger song, hard
sound but fairly slow.
"don't close your eyes"
"don't close your eyes"
what might help is that the second time they sing "don't clsoe your eyes" it
"don't close your eye-ee-eyeeeeeeees" (they kinda drag on the word 'eyes')
thanks!
Gotta be "Don't Close Your Eyes" by Kix, circa '88.

-lugnut
SS
thanks!
e***@gmail.com
2014-06-09 20:51:10 UTC
Post by SS
hello group :) maybe someone can help me.
i'm looking for the name of a song. i have limited info to offer ...
it sounds like an 80s hard rock band, but it's not a head-banger song, hard
sound but fairly slow.
"don't close your eyes"
"don't close your eyes"
what might help is that the second time they sing "don't clsoe your eyes" it
"don't close your eye-ee-eyeeeeeeees" (they kinda drag on the word 'eyes')
thanks!
I am looking for another song by the same name, found it on an old tape that I was given and no one I ask has ever heard of it.

"Dont close your eyes, I'll be back again for you someday."

If anyone could help me.