"Gonna Have A Wild Weekend": Country song?
Will Dockery
2010-08-06 23:41:39 UTC
Anyone know anything about the Country song from around 1967-68 called
something like "Wild Weekend"? Sort of in a Buck Owens style but very
likely not him...

The most memorable part is:

Gonna have a wild weekend
Gonna have a wild weekend
Pretty little blonde haired blue-eyed girl
Gonna have a wild weekend.

Can't seem to find anything about it online yet, so I'm tossing it out
here to y'all. Someone besides me must remember it, right? I remember
it so well because at the time it was a hit (local hit, possibly?) I
was myself in love with a pretty little blonde haired, blue-eyed girl,
so really got off on it when it came on and the weekend was coming...

--
Will Dockery on MySpace:
http;//www.myspace.com/willdockery
Will Dockery
2010-08-07 01:07:47 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Anyone know anything about the Country song from around 1967-68 called
something like "Wild Weekend"? Sort of in a Buck Owens style but very
likely not him...
Gonna have a wild weekend
Gonna have a wild weekend
Pretty little blonde haired blue-eyed girl
Gonna have a wild weekend.
Can't seem to find anything about it online yet, so I'm tossing it out
here to y'all. Someone besides me must remember it, right? I remember
it so well because at the time it was a hit (local hit, possibly?) I
was myself in love with a pretty little blonde haired, blue-eyed girl,
so really got off on it when it came on and the weekend was coming...
---------------------------------------
Nothing obscure about it. It was a hit by Bill Anderson in 1968. ("Wild
Week-end")
Okay, thanks... it just seemed "obscure" earlier when I did a Google
search using "wild weekend" + "blonde haired blue-eyed girl" and got
nothing, on a couple of combinations of that: http://tinyurl.com/356x5sr

And now, "wild weekend" + "blonde haired blue-eyed girl" + "bill
anderson" gets me absolutely nothing at all! Strange... while /just/
"wild weekend" + "bill anderson" brings in the results!

Wild Weekend / Bill Anderson:

Tom Kan PA
2010-08-07 14:15:27 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Anyone know anything about the Country song from around 1967-68 called
something like "Wild Weekend"? Sort of in a Buck Owens style but very
likely not him...
Here it is. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/rslUN5okfTs