Song lyrics
Antares 531
2009-12-27 00:39:53 UTC
I remember from back in the 1940s to 1950s time frame, an old song
that had the following lines;

Icicles on the window, snow on the ground.
The sky full of stars and the moon shining down.

This was done in 3/4 time and would be classed as a folk or country
song.

I've searched for the lyrics but can not locate them. If you remember
this old song, and can give me a bit of guidance, I'd certainly
appreciate it.

Gordon
Mark Rae
2009-12-27 03:21:47 UTC
Post by Antares 531
I remember from back in the 1940s to 1950s time frame, an old song
that had the following lines;
Icicles on the window, snow on the ground.
The sky full of stars and the moon shining down.
This was done in 3/4 time and would be classed as a folk or country
song.
Sounds very like "Ting-A-Ling-A Jingle" by The Ames Brothers:
http://katry.blogspot.com/2009/12/ting-ling-jingle-ames-brothers.html

I think your memory is misleading you with the second line, though...
Antares 531
2009-12-27 15:43:34 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by Antares 531
I remember from back in the 1940s to 1950s time frame, an old song
that had the following lines;
Icicles on the window, snow on the ground.
The sky full of stars and the moon shining down.
This was done in 3/4 time and would be classed as a folk or country
song.
http://katry.blogspot.com/2009/12/ting-ling-jingle-ames-brothers.html
I think your memory is misleading you with the second line, though...
Thank you, Mark, that is the song I've been looking for. And, you're
right, my memory was playing some tricks on me. I think I may have
another old song interlaced with this one.

Now that I know the title, I can search for the lyrics and maybe the
music score.

Thanks, Gordon
Mark Rae
2009-12-27 17:58:51 UTC
Post by Antares 531
Post by Mark Rae
http://katry.blogspot.com/2009/12/ting-ling-jingle-ames-brothers.html
I think your memory is misleading you with the second line, though...
Thank you, Mark, that is the song I've been looking for. And, you're
right, my memory was playing some tricks on me. I think I may have
another old song interlaced with this one.
Now that I know the title, I can search for the lyrics and maybe the
music score.
Should be easy enough - it too me around 30 seconds to find the above
link...