LYR: Inky Dinky Parlez Vous
s***@gmail.com
2014-06-15 17:23:42 UTC
Or is it "Inky Pinky Parlez Vous" ---I'm stumped with this song...Anyone
know the lyrics?
Thanks,
SingsIrish Songs
The old army version WWI I will leave for you to work out:

http://www.odps.org/glossword/index.php?a=term&d=3&t=383

pink•ie or pink•y (ˈpɪŋ ki)

n., pl. pink•ies.
Informal. the little finger.
[1585–95; < Dutch pinkie, dial. variant of pinkje, diminutive of pink little finger]

inky (ˈɪŋkɪ)
adj, inkier or inkiest
1. resembling ink, esp in colour; dark or black
2. of, containing, or stained with ink: inky fingers.
ˈinkiness n
Harold Groot
2014-06-18 09:25:32 UTC
On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 10:23:42 -0700 (PDT),
Or is it "Inky Pinky Parlez Vous" ---I'm stumped with this song...Anyone
know the lyrics?
http://www.odps.org/glossword/index.php?a=3Dterm&d=3D3&t=3D383
I hope he wasn't holding his breath waiting for an answer - that was a
request from 16 years ago....
c***@gmail.com
2015-08-09 23:38:51 UTC
My father fought in WWII. These are the lyrics he taught me:

The mademoiselle of armentiers parlez-vous:|
She put her undies in the sink
And holy Moses did they stink
Hinky dinky parlez-vous.

The second lieutenants are at it again parlez-vous:|
The second lieutenants are at it again
Ther're winning the war with a fountain pen
Hinky dinky parlez-vous.

The Wacs and Wavs will win the war parlez-vous:|
The Wacs and Wavs will win the war
So what the hell are we fighting for
Hinky dinky parlez-vous.

They say this is a mechanized war parlez-vous:|
They say this is a mechanized war
So what the hell are we walking for
Hinky dinky parlez-vous.

I hope this helps some of you.
c***@gmail.com

I hope this helps some of you.
c***@gmail.com

I hope this helps some of you.
k***@gmail.com
2017-12-20 12:36:05 UTC
Mack A. Damia
2017-12-20 21:31:39 UTC
Post by k***@gmail.com
Or is it "Inky Pinky Parlez Vous" ---I'm stumped with this song...Anyone
know the lyrics?
Thanks,
SingsIrish Songs
it is inky dinky. this refers to the standard treatment for gonorrhea in the day of infusing ones nether region in a nasty iodine solution. in other words, "if you play, you're gonna pay, understand?" my grandfather was there and explained the song to me once.
Nonsense.

Many of the verses became quite risque, but there is no evidence that
"inky-dinky" referred to the standard treatment for gonorrhea.

Show me the proof.
c***@cizcpa.com
2018-10-25 15:57:30 UTC
Or is it "Inky Pinky Parlez Vous" ---I'm stumped with this song...Anyone
know the lyrics?
Thanks,
SingsIrish Songs
The first marine found the bean parlez vous
The second marine cooked the bean parlez vous
The third marine ate the bean and pissed all over the captains bean inky dinky parlez vous
r***@hotmail.com
2019-06-23 15:54:04 UTC
a***@gmail.com
2019-11-19 11:17:43 UTC
I always knew it as ‘inky pinky parlez-vous’ so there must be more than one version.
Sherry Lusk
2021-07-27 12:13:23 UTC
Or is it "Inky Pinky Parlez Vous" ---I'm stumped with this song...Anyone
know the lyrics?
Thanks,
SingsIrish Songs
Here's the one I was taught by my mom's boyfriend in the 70s.

The 2nd lieutenant went over the top
in parlez vous
The 2nd lieutenant went over the top
in parlez vous
The 2nd lieutenant went over the top, he thought he heard a nickel drop
Inky Dinky parlez vous

The wax -n ways are winning the war
in parlez vous
the wax -n ways are winning the war
in parlez vous
the wax -n ways are winning the war, so what the heck we fighting for
Inky Dinky Parlez vous
Robert Lucian
Inky Dinky Parlez vous
Robert Lucian
Inky Dinky Parlez vous
Gig McSweeney
2023-11-06 15:03:49 UTC
Post by Sherry Lusk
Or is it "Inky Pinky Parlez Vous" ---I'm stumped with this song...Anyone
know the lyrics?
Thanks,
SingsIrish Songs
Here's the one I was taught by my mom's boyfriend in the 70s.
The 2nd lieutenant went over the top
in parlez vous
The 2nd lieutenant went over the top
in parlez vous
The 2nd lieutenant went over the top, he thought he heard a nickel drop
Inky Dinky parlez vous
The wax -n ways are winning the war
in parlez vous
the wax -n ways are winning the war
in parlez vous
the wax -n ways are winning the war, so what the heck we fighting for
Inky Dinky Parlez vous
It's inky pinky. Only the Yanks say hinky dinky, and we all know they don't know what they're on about. It was British soldiers taking a popular traditional French song (Madamoiselle of From Armentieres) and giving it their usual makeover. 'There was an old lady at 92 parlez vous. There was an old lady at 92 parlez vous. There was an old lady at 92, done a fart and out it blew, inky pinky parlez vous.'