WTF is the RIAA Trying to Accomplish?
Evanesky
2009-09-01 20:11:17 UTC
One more reason to hate the record industry

You might remember some time ago Clint mentioning a little freeware
application called pearyLyrics that populated iTunes with lyrics of
your currently playing tracks.

You might remember some time ago Clint mentioning a little freeware
application called pearLyrics that populated iTunes with lyrics of
your currently playing tracks. Well, have no fear, this "menace" is no
longer available to the public thanks to the big wigs at Warner/
Chappell Music.

According to Macnn the music company sent a cease and desist order to
the freeware developer. The article claims this effort is just a
small piece of a larger campaign by Warner/Chappell to rid the
Internet of all lyrics sites. Can anyone clue me in on this one? Why
get rid of lyrics sites and programs that search lyrics sites?
Michael
2009-09-07 12:02:37 UTC
Post by Evanesky
One more reason to hate the record industry
You might remember some time ago Clint mentioning a little freeware
application called pearyLyrics that populated iTunes with lyrics of
your currently playing tracks.
You might remember some time ago Clint mentioning a little freeware
application called pearLyrics that populated iTunes with lyrics of
your currently playing tracks. Well, have no fear, this "menace" is no
longer available to the public thanks to the big wigs at Warner/
Chappell Music.
According to Macnn the music company sent a cease and desist order to
the freeware developer. The article claims this effort is just a
small piece of a larger campaign by Warner/Chappell to rid the
Internet of all lyrics sites. Can anyone clue me in on this one? Why
get rid of lyrics sites and programs that search lyrics sites?
I don't think the RIAA was involved. According to my report at the time,
publisher Warner Chappell was chasing unlicensed lyric sites and threw
in PearLyrics as well. Don't know if anything has happened since this time.

http://www.a-lyric.com/2007/02/whatever-happened-to-pearlyrics/